Giants shopping Olivier Vernon

SBLIII

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

I don't blame them for investing in Vernon, Jackrabbit, and Snacks to make a run.  Since it didn't work and they are in a rebuild now; they need to admit that to themselves and start finding a replacement for Eli.  But instead they've been stubborn...

They are going to replace every other position on the roster before replacing Eli at this point

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I don't blame them for investing in Vernon, Jackrabbit, and Snacks to make a run.  Since it didn't work and they are in a rebuild now; they need to admit that to themselves and start finding a replacement for Eli.  But instead they've been stubborn...

Yup, I must say they're in a rather "precarious" position for a team with an elite WR and RB.

Very frustrating stint with the Giants with all the injuries. He played well late last year when the ankle got better. I hope they can get something for him. i wouldn't be surprised if they replace with a decent sized priced free agent. They''re getting the quarterback this year. 

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

They probably will but I'm curious if they are aggressive in the first (for example, trading up for Kyler Murray), or wait until Day 2 to take a QB...

It sounds like they will at least take one at 6. That's the sense I'm getting. Gettlemen threw out a 'no guts, no glory' line if that means anything 

Jets will be all over him, not as a trade but when he is cut.  Pretty sure the team that trades for him is on the hook for like 15M.  Seems like an unlikely scenario where he gets traded for that price tag.  I bet he hits the FA market.

Archived