V for Vendetta Mafia: NORSEFIRE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Orca

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Orca if I was lynched would it have revealed I could have been converted?

No, it was a hidden mechanic. If you were lynched the first 7 days you would have flipped Citizen Aligned. Norsefire converted you if they targeted you with any action (they tried killing you N7). If you got lynched after being converted you would have flipped Norsefire Aligned

@Tk3 @Counselor @theuntouchable @bcb1213

Here's where things REALLY went south for me:

1. When TK3 claimed V (which originally I was actually great with) and I went looking back and saw that he didn't vote for the other 2 people who claimed V. I thought that was a deliberate SCUM tell. I legitimately couldn't get over that mental block after that, and my last 3-4 nights voting against him show that LOL. Throw in him blatantly killing 2 civs by his own admission, and I thought getting him out could have helped start all of us with a clean slate.

2. BCB getting resurrected I had instantly as a swap align and wanted him gone, although my V theory turned out to be crap. I couldn't get anyone to support me on that.

3. I decided that targeting the Norsefire was more important than anarchy (I still stand by this) and mentally was unsure whether it was Squire OR Touch, although I figured I'd get to that later and go hard after Norse.

4. At 8:58 last night, I realize it was obvious KSJ was scum and couldn't get to my phone in time. I posted my vote literally seconds after Orca declared night. That's what I get for trying to shower AND shave at 8:45

5. I couldn't decide whether Touch was a clueless civ or a great scum, so I took the cowards way out and swapped my vote earlier yesterday.

For the record, I voted for myself to try to get people angry (that seemed to work) so that I could get information. It's like trying to get others on tilt in poker, which is a go to of mine.

@squire12 informed me that he knew about the surveillance van (even though he false-claimed), but that told me that he was EITHER anarchy (the last one) or a great civ. Either way, due to the numbers I had assumed (at least 2 scum), I wasn't voting for him last night.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so basically flacco making up an investigation led to three straight lynches.  brilliant

For me personally, it was the made up investigation that wouldn't let me move on to someone else. That "cemented it" for me to go along with the other self admitted evidence from TK3 and him not voting for the two other self proclaimed/imitating V people.

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. When TK3 claimed V (which originally I was actually great with) and I went looking back and saw that he didn't vote for the other 2 people who claimed V. I thought that was a deliberate SCUM tell. I legitimately couldn't get over that mental block after that, and my last 3-4 nights voting against him show that LOL. Throw in him blatantly killing 2 civs by his own admission, and I thought getting him out could have helped start all of us with a clean slate.

2. BCB getting resurrected I had instantly as a swap align and wanted him gone, although my V theory turned out to be crap. I couldn't get anyone to support me on that.

3. I decided that targeting the Norsefire was more important than anarchy (I still stand by this) and mentally was unsure whether it was Squire OR Touch, although I figured I'd get to that later and go hard after Norse.

4. At 8:58 last night, I realize it was obvious KSJ was scum and couldn't get to my phone in time. I posted my vote literally seconds after Orca declared night. That's what I get for trying to shower AND shave at 8:45

5. I couldn't decide whether Touch was a clueless civ or a great scum, so I took the cowards way out and swapped my vote earlier yesterday.

For the record, I voted for myself to try to get people angry (that seemed to work) so that I could get information. It's like trying to get others on tilt in poker, which is a go to of mine.

@squire12 informed me that he knew about the surveillance van (even though he false-claimed), but that told me that he was EITHER anarchy (the last one) or a great civ. Either way, due to the numbers I had assumed (at least 2 scum), I wasn't voting for him last night.

Squire was blocked at one point. 

As far as the tk3 fiasco, I’d like to think I played to just about everyone’s emotions on that subject. I purposely went back and forth between “thinking” he was scum to try and prod people into directions. 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

did you know you were going to survive a lynch?

Yes... but I didn’t know if any information would be revealed 

It was another reason I didn’t want to be lynched.. because it would have extended the noise by another day.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was onto Counselor as well because I converted bcb back to civ. That was a red flag to me that something was up with Counselor. However, since I couldn't claim anything and bcb wasn't really around during that timeframe (IIRC) it was almost a moot point.

It did cross my mind to claim, and sacrifice myself to the modkill but that wouldn't have done any good from the looks of it.

Turns out he was telling the truth about being civ up until the last night or so when he was converted to Norsefire.

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so basically flacco making up an investigation led to three straight lynches.  brilliant

If he had been the pardoner, that would’ve worked out well. But no, when he was the pardoner he just wanted to pardon scum 😂 

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m going to be totally honest with you. A portion of what I said this game was out of frustration of not being believed. And a portion of it was that I believed you could be scum and I was trying to get you to break and post something that would make me believe “you knew what you were doing all along” - which would have been a tell. Obviously you never did that, because you weren’t red team

In light of you being a civ, there were a LOT of hurdles thrown at you that would have been EXTREMELY difficult to get past in order for you to get to the correct answer. There’s a reason that everybody who got past them were scum, and everyone who couldn’t get past them were civ (less swag)

For me to have expected you to just get there was unreasonable and it was wrong of me to disparage you for it 

Sorry for crossing lines.. this was a tough game for everybody who lacked good information.. I hope you give another one a try, and if I happen to be playing, I promise I’ll be better behaved

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For me personally, it was the made up investigation that wouldn't let me move on to someone else. That "cemented it" for me to go along with the other self admitted evidence from TK3 and him not voting for the two other self proclaimed/imitating V people.

So here's what happened lol

My role wasn't an investigator - I could only see who people visited that night. I was telling the truth about everything else EXCEPT that I had an explicit result of tk3 being mafia. When I "visited" tk3, my PM said a van pulled up outside of my house and I thought it was best to stay inside. To me this meant 1 of 2 things:

1. I was roleblocked (this ended up being the case, but I initially doubted this because who the hell would RB me?!)

2. tk3 was a high-mafia player unable to be visited (aka he was Creedy who sent his fingermen to intimidate me)

I ended up being 100% wrong, but I had to shoot my shot.

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As for the self voting. It’s one thing to do it in the day.

its a total non starter to do it when it matters.. for me it is autolynch policy

If it is scum, it is a ploy to garner sympathy.. if it is civ, it is contrary to win con

a self vote should never be a tool imo, at least not when it matters (final minutes / hammer / near hammer)

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I’m going to be totally honest with you. A portion of what I said this game was out of frustration of not being believed. And a portion of it was that I believed you could be scum and I was trying to get you to break and post something that would make me believe “you knew what you were doing all along” - which would have been a tell. Obviously you never did that, because you weren’t red team

Haha, nah buddy it's honestly all good. I actually blame you for NOTHING starting with Nacho putting your back to the wall. I was 100% with you/tracked you from there. It was unfortunately just how the no votes with the V claimed/imitating players and mis hits went down for you. 

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

In light of you being a civ, there were a LOT of hurdles thrown at you that would have been EXTREMELY difficult to get past in order for you to get to the correct answer. There’s a reason that everybody who got past them were scum, and everyone who couldn’t get past them were civ (less swag)

For me to have expected you to just get there was unreasonable and it was wrong of me to disparage you for it 

Haha no man no apology necessary! It's all good. 

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Sorry for crossing lines.. this was a tough game for everybody who lacked good information.. I hope you give another one a try, and if I happen to be playing, I promise I’ll be better behaved

No problem! In all honesty dude, I was 100% trying to make you mad too that last day or two to try for SOMEONE to give up a tell. The closest was Squire and surveillance, but kudos to everyone else not telling their hand.

Ultimately, I couldn't get anyone to back me the final day on Counselor or Touch, and I moved to you INSTEAD of KSJ like I should have. But, we would have needed back to back almost unanimous nights even with an anarchy alignment to win!

Archived