Dee Ford

BayBubbPackFan

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think I'd give up a 2 and pay the guy big money as well.  I'd rather have Houston for a later pick, or for real cheap when they release him. 

By real cheap you mean 13-15m per? Look at what Brandon Graham got and add 1-2m per.

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If we made a deal for Ford does that mark the end of Perry here?

This was my first thought as well, I assume we would release him maybe post June 1?, I am interested to see what becomes of Clay as well. We could see a drastic change and a welcome one at that on the defensive side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think I'd give up a 2 and pay the guy big money as well.  I'd rather have Houston for a later pick, or for real cheap when they release him. 

I would normally cringe a bit at giving up a 2 in a trade. But having 2 1sts makes it easier to take. Suppose Mike Smith is trying to get in Gutey's ear a bit? 

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If we made a deal for Ford does that mark the end of Perry here?

Still think they could restructure Perry for at least a year but he'd basically have to accept a huge pay cut and stay on for a prove-it year hoping to cash in next year. I'm guessing Packers are working on that right now and will let him go before March 15 if there's no deal.

52 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I would normally cringe a bit at giving up a 2 in a trade. But having 2 1sts makes it easier to take. Suppose Mike Smith is trying to get in Gutey's ear a bit? 

Yeah, except we have a BUNCH of holes to fill (slot WR, G, RT for depth, DL, and BOTH safety spots). This would give up valuable capital for that.

On the other hand, Anthony Barr's limited use as a pass rusher would dip his value in FA a little and allow us to keep that 2nd round pick. It might cause a bit of a stir with Rodg, though. Za'Darius Smith could be had for the same or cheaper price and allow us to keep that 2nd rounder.

16 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Yeah, except we have a BUNCH of holes to fill (slot WR, G, RT for depth, DL, and BOTH safety spots). This would give up valuable capital for that.

On the other hand, Anthony Barr's limited use as a pass rusher would dip his value in FA a little and allow us to keep that 2nd round pick. It might cause a bit of a stir with Rodg, though.

If Gutey can trade a 2nd for Ford, thereby filling the obvious EDGE need, I could then see him trading down from #12 and picking up a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. With Polite possibly tanking, there's a possibility that there will not be an available EDGE good enough to justify the #12 pick. 

Archived