New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

Having been a teacher for the past 20 years, Forge, your situation doesn't sound characteristic of a child on the heavily autistic side of spectrum. I expect things will work out well. I'm raising 5 boys and I think a couple of them could be on the mild end, but they handle school well and socialize reasonably well, so never got them tested.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 8:58 AM, Forge said:

Got some not so great news this week as it is starting to appear more and more that my little boy has some degree of autism :( Its still a little too early to tell as they won't do the formal test until 24 months and then do the actual diagnosis (about 3 months away), however based on the initial test at both 18 and 21 months, taken by each his mother and myself, he's very high risk (The initial test is basically just 20 yes / no questions, and you are given a point for each "negative" answer - anything over 8 points is considered very high risk, and our little man has scored 14 and 12).  He also met quite a few of the high risk pregnancy characteristics as well, and while Autism is a spectrum disorder showing quite a few different signs (it can be vastly different from child to child), he meets a whole lot of them.

We had considered this several months ago when we had him start an intervention program, but they wanted to check to make sure that he wasn't deaf (he's not), and that there weren't any other issues going on (there aren't). The focus with him appears to be communication and socializing, though he doesn't appear to have any mental issues with regards to intelligence or motor functions overall, so that's good. Thankfully, with Autism being a spectrum disorder it's very possible that he could be very high functioning and largely "normal", and since he doesn't appear to show issues with intelligence in a lot of ways, we are hoping the case will be mild,  but it will take a lot of work to get him there if he is in fact autistic and not severely delayed. 

Been gone for about a week and just saw this. Wish you and your family all the best. Everyone of us is unique, and special, in our own way!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I got Sunday Ticket for free for like the sixth consecutive year. It's becoming so easy now lol. 

I recommend everyone who has DirecTV to give it a shot. Ask for the retention department and say you feel like you should get free Sunday Ticket because you are a loyal customer and they will make it happen. Not only did I get free Sunday Ticket, they cut my bill by like $40 bucks for the next 6 months. Cable companies are in dire times right now, time to take advantage........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who are your guys sleeper fantasy guys that you try to get in every league? For me the two are Marquise Goodwin and Emmanuel Sanders. Both are going crazy low and they have potential to have 1,200 yard seasons. Sanders is going to be Keenum's Thielen this year and will get more targets than Thomas who is getting slotted to go earlier than him. 

As for Goodwin, folks keep thinking we have a bad WR core but haven't really been paying attention. Goodwin is becoming more and more complete with his route tree and clearly looks like Garoppolo's favorite. 

One RB that I've gotten in both of my league's thus far has been Chris Carson. I think he is legit and will get majority of the carries for Seattle. I know Penny will be returning soon, but early on it will be the Carson show.....or at least I hope lol.

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who are your guys sleeper fantasy guys that you try to get in every league? For me the two are Marquise Goodwin and Emmanuel Sanders. Both are going crazy low and they have potential to have 1,200 yard seasons. Sanders is going to be Keenum's Thielen this year and will get more targets than Thomas who is getting slotted to go earlier than him. 

As for Goodwin, folks keep thinking we have a bad WR core but haven't really been paying attention. Goodwin is becoming more and more complete with his route tree and clearly looks like Garoppolo's favorite. 

One RB that I've gotten in both of my league's thus far has been Chris Carson. I think he is legit and will get majority of the carries for Seattle. I know Penny will be returning soon, but early on it will be the Carson show.....or at least I hope lol.

Keelan Cole

Njoku (though Hard knocks didn't do him favors)

John Brown

Joe Mixon isn't a sleeper but I could see him push top ten. 

Cole was an interesting one. Absolutely lit us up and had a great three or four game run last year, but then kind of fell off. I don't know which WR benefits the most with Lee's injury. Will it be Cole? Will it be Moncrief? Will it be Westbrook? 

Njoku is getting a bit overvalued IMO. I'll definitely go with Kittle over him, but Njoku gets drafted over him in every round. Njoku is going to be battling with some other target heavy receivers with a run heavy offense. They are going to pound the crap out of the ball with Hyde/Chubb/Johnson/Taylor. 

I also took Anthony Miller in both of my leagues. Think he has the best chance from any rookie WR to get close to the thousand yard mark. 

I like Miller, Sutton and Moore all the same for fantasy purposes. Think Moore though has the easiest "in" and is the most talented. 

Cole has been considered one of the studs of TC and was already considered the #1 over Lee, Moncrief and Westbrook

I think for deep sleepers, Phillip Lindsey in Denver is a good option and I'll go with our very own Pierre Garcon (in ppr). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John232 said:

I like Miller, Sutton and Moore all the same for fantasy purposes. Think Moore though has the easiest "in" and is the most talented. 

Cole has been considered one of the studs of TC and was already considered the #1 over Lee, Moncrief and Westbrook

I think for deep sleepers, Phillip Lindsey in Denver is a good option and I'll go with our very own Pierre Garcon (in ppr). 

Don't forget Gallup as well if you want include other rookie WRs, especially since Dallas doesn't have a lot of options. He's also their biggest target besides Williams. I just did a fantasy draft for my friend and I was able to get him LATE! 

I also think for TE I like Burton, he's been quiet depending on who you talk to. 

Other WR options that I like later on are: Mike Williams, Godwin (not to be confused with Goodwin) and Golloday. 

6 hours ago, John232 said:

Keelan Cole

Njoku (though Hard knocks didn't do him favors)

John Brown

Joe Mixon isn't a sleeper but I could see him push top ten. 

Ironically I was able to pick up Mixon in round 3!! lol crazy value..my buddy's rb are David Johnson, McCaffery, Mixon, Ingram and A. Jones

Thankfully I'm not in his league lol

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Posted this in the fantasy forum a while back about sleeper running backs

Kenneth Dixon (looked great his rookie season in the last two weeks of the season, then last year tore his ACL in training camp. He should be fully fully healthy and is a workhorse type back MAJOR SLEEPER. could probably have him in the very last round)

Matt Breida (McKinnon isnt a great runner, breida is much more skilled and will be the lead back on a high powered offense by week 4. niners OL doesnt look good right now)

James Conner (this could be last years Alvin Kamara, 'backup' who ends up forcing his way onto the field and finishes on a really strong note)

Aaron Jones (suspended the first two weeks so he wont go high, looks like the best all around back they have and seems to be effective in the passing game. Big play potential) 

Corey Clement (they rotate a ton of players especially at RB but the dude balled out in the playoffs and I cant help but think he will have a major role on a good offense)

Sony Michel (Pats have traditionally had RB by committee but they drafted Sony in round one for a reason. He is a complete RB who can do it all, he will be their lead guy game in and game out imo)

Marlon Mack (explosive, should continue trending upward with an increased role in an improved offense)

I also really like emannuel sanders this year. I think you are right about him being keenums favorite guy. Don't draft chris carson lol that OL will still be bad and their running backs are always hurt because of it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Posted this in the fantasy forum a while back about sleeper running backs

Kenneth Dixon (looked great his rookie season in the last two weeks of the season, then last year tore his ACL in training camp. He should be fully fully healthy and is a workhorse type back MAJOR SLEEPER. could probably have him in the very last round)

Matt Breida (McKinnon isnt a great runner, breida is much more skilled and will be the lead back on a high powered offense by week 4. niners OL doesnt look good right now)

James Conner (this could be last years Alvin Kamara, 'backup' who ends up forcing his way onto the field and finishes on a really strong note)

Aaron Jones (suspended the first two weeks so he wont go high, looks like the best all around back they have and seems to be effective in the passing game. Big play potential) 

Corey Clement (they rotate a ton of players especially at RB but the dude balled out in the playoffs and I cant help but think he will have a major role on a good offense)

Sony Michel (Pats have traditionally had RB by committee but they drafted Sony in round one for a reason. He is a complete RB who can do it all, he will be their lead guy game in and game out imo)

Marlon Mack (explosive, should continue trending upward with an increased role in an improved offense)

I also really like emannuel sanders this year. I think you are right about him being keenums favorite guy. Don't draft chris carson lol that OL will still be bad and their running backs are always hurt because of it. 

Yeah, I'm def targeting Sanders this year, from everything I've heard he's been Keenum's go to go guy (as mentioned).