New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Doesn’t Cohn write for them? lol

I think Cohn's business is mostly himself now. I'm sure he makes something off what he does on SI, but I'd wager he's trying to make himself the brand and gets most of his stuff from youtube and whatnot. I could be wrong though 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Cohn's business is mostly himself now. I'm sure he makes something off what he does on SI, but I'd wager he's trying to make himself the brand and gets most of his stuff from youtube and whatnot. I could be wrong though 

I buy that.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Damn, sports illustrated being shut down :(

It's for the best, it got blown up a couple years ago when the company sold. Has been on a very steep decline since covid

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adamq said:

It's for the best, it got blown up a couple years ago when the company sold. Has been on a very steep decline since covid

The Athletic sort of ate the top end respectable sports reporting niche and the best writers around the country ten years or so ago, too. It used to be that SI was that destination gig.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am too scared to say hello in another thread or read why I was tagged in the Super Bowl thread. I hope everyone maintained their sanity following this latest wildly unfulfilling year and that you are all doing well. 

Brief (LOL, for me) recap of the things I have missed saying here:

-I'm glad we kept Brock Purdy over Sudfeld. He looks really good, and will have plenty of time to develop as Trey destroys the league this year

-When it wasn't raining, Trey was fine. One game in a monsoon doesn't define him.

-$%@!

-Thank God we kept Jimmy instead of giving him away for peanuts.

-CMC! The football gods have smiled upon my running backs for the first time since Frank Gore left. Absolutely love this move!

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@!

-...but Brock actually played pretty well there.

-Is it weird that I think 7 quarters of Brock Purdy is the best QB play we've had under Shanahan? Can really anybody play with this roster?

-Brock Purdy running through the Seahawks, Cowboys, and now the Eagles would literally be my favorite thing ever.

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@! God, I hope there's a reason Josh Johnson keeps finding work.

-Nope.

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@! ALL FOUR?! I can't put myself through the rest of this... until the offseason...

-I think the Eagles are severely overrated, and we beat them with a healthy Purdy.

-I kinda love this Steve Wilks hire. Two more years until we replenish that 3rd round compensatory pick pipeline

-Hargrave! Who is going to stop this DL?

-The first fan to call for Sam Darnold to play is getting punched in the teeth

-Your reminder that Clellin Ferrell was my #4 overall prospect in that draft, and no I don't stand by it.

-My favorite prospect in the draft? Ji'Ayir Brown. Really think he fits a big need for us and I think he can be our nickel corner once everyone accepts Isaiah Oliver is basically this generation's Sammy Davis, Jr. (If you consider only their ability to play CB in the NFL, it doesn't matter if you are thinking of the entertainer or remembering the football player - they are the same)

-I'm hearing Brock will be ready by August. That seems... optimistic 

-YAAAAAAAAAAAAS - This is the lowest we've ever picked my favorite guy in the draft (previously: Frank Gore)

-NOOOOOOOOOOO - WHY ARE WE DRAFTING A KICKER?!

-Lots of hopes and dreams after Brown, but I'm still happy enough. Brown is the only one who will start right away. Well...unless kickers "start"...

-Bosa seems like the kind of guy who will just skip straight to September before getting his massive deal and showing up Week 1 in perfect condition.

-Brock is cleared! He has a miracle elbow!

-With Brock Purdy cleared, this is the first time I am ever saying/doing this. I've talked it over with the football gods and have confirmed it - we're winning it all this year and I am starting a Super Bowl championship memorabilia fund. I will accept no naysayers.

-It has taken nearly 10 years, but I have converted my wife into a 49ers fan. Her first jersey (Juice!) has arrived. 

-All of these weirdos who think the Bosa deal isn't going to happen have clearly not paid any attention to like the last four offseasons.

-Oh, we're really serious about this Isaiah Oliver thing, aren't we? I don't think this goes like we think it does.

-See? Bosa nice and signed in time for me to watch him destroy Pickett repeatedly live in Pittsburgh.

-1-0 and seriously the most fun I've ever had at a football game. Well, except maybe at Dallas in 2014. 

-WILKS, YOU STUPID IDIOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT SOMEBODY ELSE ON POOKIE

-Dallas lost to the same Cardinals team I'm thinking of, right? Where is this thought that they are on our level coming from???

-LOL - Frauds

-I'm here in Cleveland and things are weirdly chippy before the game 😂

-...no words, but Browns fans have been super cool with all us 49er fans.

-WHO THE $%@! CALLS COVER ZERO THERE?!?!

-I am so not vindicated on my joy over the Wilks hire.

-Chase! Since Jackson disappeared after lucking into his big Week 1 statline, I hope this has the CMC effect from last year

-Not the way I wanted to see Brown play, heal fast Hufanga!

-I can't wait for this Eagles game. They might kill me in Philadelphia, but it will be worth it when we expose them.

-... this was a painful first quarter, and I think the guy behind me purposely keeps spilling his beer on me.

-Guy behind me is leaving before the 4th, lol

-It's our year, and time for the best Christmas present of all - finally a big victory against Baltimore!

-It's still our year, but I would rather not test this theory against Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

-I really hope we get to destroy Dallas and Philly on the way to the Super Bowl.

-Nope - this is way funnier, lol

-Green Bay was way tougher than I thought, but if we can win a game like that, we can't be stopped.

-Part of me is happy Baltimore lost, but none of me is excited for Mahomes and the Kansas City Clown Show (Kelce/Swift) in the Super Bowl 

-My wife just asked why I am so unbothered being down 17. Not my first rodeo - we're going to win this game. This is our year.

-VINDICATION

-I am ready for this - it's time for #6 - 31-24 49ers. LFG!

-(Reading text from 49ers friend) What do you mean "Don't check Twitter?" - it's the commercials, what could possibly have happened?

-(Watching the painful replay) I tell my wife: this is where my confidence dies. There's no way that happens if the football gods are on our side.

-Joy, Pain, Joy, Pain, Pain, Joy, Pain, WHY ARE WE TAKING THE BALL FIRST, Pain, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ONE MORE STOP, Pain, Pain, blackout

-Time to deplete the final Super Bowl Championship memorabilia fund I will ever create in my life

-Steve Wilks and Isaiah Oliver are gone? Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

-I wonder how the folks at FF are doing

-I'll just post a really quick hello

-I'm really craving hot dogs 

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am too scared to say hello in another thread or read why I was tagged in the Super Bowl thread. I hope everyone maintained their sanity following this latest wildly unfulfilling year and that you are all doing well. 

Brief (LOL, for me) recap of the things I have missed saying here:

-I'm glad we kept Brock Purdy over Sudfeld. He looks really good, and will have plenty of time to develop as Trey destroys the league this year

-When it wasn't raining, Trey was fine. One game in a monsoon doesn't define him.

-$%@!

-Thank God we kept Jimmy instead of giving him away for peanuts.

-CMC! The football gods have smiled upon my running backs for the first time since Frank Gore left. Absolutely love this move!

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@!

-...but Brock actually played pretty well there.

-Is it weird that I think 7 quarters of Brock Purdy is the best QB play we've had under Shanahan? Can really anybody play with this roster?

-Brock Purdy running through the Seahawks, Cowboys, and now the Eagles would literally be my favorite thing ever.

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@! God, I hope there's a reason Josh Johnson keeps finding work.

-Nope.

-$%@!, $%@!, $%@! ALL FOUR?! I can't put myself through the rest of this... until the offseason...

-I think the Eagles are severely overrated, and we beat them with a healthy Purdy.

-I kinda love this Steve Wilks hire. Two more years until we replenish that 3rd round compensatory pick pipeline

-Hargrave! Who is going to stop this DL?

-The first fan to call for Sam Darnold to play is getting punched in the teeth

-Your reminder that Clellin Ferrell was my #4 overall prospect in that draft, and no I don't stand by it.

-My favorite prospect in the draft? Ji'Ayir Brown. Really think he fits a big need for us and I think he can be our nickel corner once everyone accepts Isaiah Oliver is basically this generation's Sammy Davis, Jr. (If you consider only their ability to play CB in the NFL, it doesn't matter if you are thinking of the entertainer or remembering the football player - they are the same)

-I'm hearing Brock will be ready by August. That seems... optimistic 

-YAAAAAAAAAAAAS - This is the lowest we've ever picked my favorite guy in the draft (previously: Frank Gore)

-NOOOOOOOOOOO - WHY ARE WE DRAFTING A KICKER?!

-Lots of hopes and dreams after Brown, but I'm still happy enough. Brown is the only one who will start right away. Well...unless kickers "start"...

-Bosa seems like the kind of guy who will just skip straight to September before getting his massive deal and showing up Week 1 in perfect condition.

-Brock is cleared! He has a miracle elbow!

-With Brock Purdy cleared, this is the first time I am ever saying/doing this. I've talked it over with the football gods and have confirmed it - we're winning it all this year and I am starting a Super Bowl championship memorabilia fund. I will accept no naysayers.

-It has taken nearly 10 years, but I have converted my wife into a 49ers fan. Her first jersey (Juice!) has arrived. 

-All of these weirdos who think the Bosa deal isn't going to happen have clearly not paid any attention to like the last four offseasons.

-Oh, we're really serious about this Isaiah Oliver thing, aren't we? I don't think this goes like we think it does.

-See? Bosa nice and signed in time for me to watch him destroy Pickett repeatedly live in Pittsburgh.

-1-0 and seriously the most fun I've ever had at a football game. Well, except maybe at Dallas in 2014. 

-WILKS, YOU STUPID IDIOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT SOMEBODY ELSE ON POOKIE

-Dallas lost to the same Cardinals team I'm thinking of, right? Where is this thought that they are on our level coming from???

-LOL - Frauds

-I'm here in Cleveland and things are weirdly chippy before the game 😂

-...no words, but Browns fans have been super cool with all us 49er fans.

-WHO THE $%@! CALLS COVER ZERO THERE?!?!

-I am so not vindicated on my joy over the Wilks hire.

-Chase! Since Jackson disappeared after lucking into his big Week 1 statline, I hope this has the CMC effect from last year

-Not the way I wanted to see Brown play, heal fast Hufanga!

-I can't wait for this Eagles game. They might kill me in Philadelphia, but it will be worth it when we expose them.

-... this was a painful first quarter, and I think the guy behind me purposely keeps spilling his beer on me.

-Guy behind me is leaving before the 4th, lol

-It's our year, and time for the best Christmas present of all - finally a big victory against Baltimore!

-It's still our year, but I would rather not test this theory against Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

-I really hope we get to destroy Dallas and Philly on the way to the Super Bowl.

-Nope - this is way funnier, lol

-Green Bay was way tougher than I thought, but if we can win a game like that, we can't be stopped.

-Part of me is happy Baltimore lost, but none of me is excited for Mahomes and the Kansas City Clown Show (Kelce/Swift) in the Super Bowl 

-My wife just asked why I am so unbothered being down 17. Not my first rodeo - we're going to win this game. This is our year.

-VINDICATION

-I am ready for this - it's time for #6 - 31-24 49ers. LFG!

-(Reading text from 49ers friend) What do you mean "Don't check Twitter?" - it's the commercials, what could possibly have happened?

-(Watching the painful replay) I tell my wife: this is where my confidence dies. There's no way that happens if the football gods are on our side.

-Joy, Pain, Joy, Pain, Pain, Joy, Pain, WHY ARE WE TAKING THE BALL FIRST, Pain, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ONE MORE STOP, Pain, Pain, blackout

-Time to deplete the final Super Bowl Championship memorabilia fund I will ever create in my life

-Steve Wilks and Isaiah Oliver are gone? Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

-I wonder how the folks at FF are doing

-I'll just post a really quick hello

-I'm really craving hot dogs 

Arrive Welcome Home GIF by ABC Network

• Like 4