Chiefs sign Carlos Hyde

EaglesPeteC

Just now, atown703 said:

If FA doesn't start until the 13th.. how can KC sign him now?

Players who were cut are free agents immediately because they are no longer under contract.  Guys who are ufas aren't until their contacts expire, which isn't until 3/13

Just now, atown703 said:

If FA doesn't start until the 13th.. how can KC sign him now?

NFL contracts end on the date of Free Agency. However, any player not under contract doesn't have to wait for their contract to expire to sign with someone else the way scheduled Free Agents.

13 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Seems odd. Chiefs always struck me as a team that enjoys RBs with skills in the passing game. Can Hyde do that?

It's not his forte. He got a lot of catches in San Fran but wasn't overly productive with them.

But, we also like rotating at the RB position, and have rotated multiple flawed, but partially good, RBs before.

59 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Seems odd. Chiefs always struck me as a team that enjoys RBs with skills in the passing game. Can Hyde do that?

yeah he was good.  chubb was just better last year.  i think he'll be good again for KC.  

34 minutes ago, bomont said:

Good signing.  One year deal and cheap, worth a flyer. He was good but inconsistent in SF, not sure why he did little with Jags.

im still unsure why we traded a 5th for him only to not use him.  i know our OL wasnt the best last year but u gonna trade a decent pick for a guy and then your not gonna use him. 

Archived