Depth Chartin'

Cheech

Created this quick graphic (and just noticed the more in-depth chart above..well done on that btw) for my fellow visual learners. ILB scares me. Just a quick comparison to where we are at on defense post draft, compared to wk17 of last year. Mine just has notable depth and not comprehensive depth. I also only did a base 3-4, since we adjust so much and play nickel.

Edited by Packers Select
  • Like 4

Just looking at some of these rosters, its clear some of you have not given any consideration as to who our kick/punt returners will be. I think Davis and Jamerson are the main guys with proven returning abilities. If its not these two then it falls to the only guy on the roster with returning experience, 36 years old Tramon Williams.

Savage, Brown, Hollman, Redmond, Greene, Moore, Kumerow, Redding, Bibbs, Coleman, D.Williams, MVS, Anime, Ento, Brooks, Hamilton all literally had no returning experience in college.

However its not all bad... we do have at least one tryout guy with returning experience, Devonte Williams.  I bet he makes the training camp roster because of this skillset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Just looking at some of these rosters, its clear some of you have not given any consideration as to who our kick/punt returners will be. I think Davis and Jamerson are the main guys with proven returning abilities. If its not these two then it falls to the only guy on the roster with returning experience, 36 years old Tramon Williams.

Savage, Brown, Hollman, Redmond, Greene, Moore, Kumerow, Redding, Bibbs, Coleman, D.Williams, MVS, Anime, Ento, Brooks, Hamilton all literally had no returning experience in college.

However its not all bad... we do have at least one tryout guy with returning experience, Devonte Williams.  I bet he makes the training camp roster because of this skillset.

Honestly not trying to sound......negative......but based on last years efforts?
Anybody but Tramon. Hell - I'll go do it! LOL

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Javien Hamilton was also a KR / PR at Jones County JUCO. Moreso his Freshman year.

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

we could use another CB, ILB and OT

ILB making me super nervous. I'm still not sold on Burks - still have memories of Bama running all over him. We're one Blake Martinez injury from that position being a big issue. I know Jones will be dropping down a lot too, but I'd feel a lot better if we had someone more proven/experienced in there. Would be more than glad to just take Morrison back, just for the sake of having a known commodity. 

Edited by chillparsi1

4 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

ILB making me super nervous. I'm still not sold on Burks - still have memories of Bama running all over him. We're one Blake Martinez injury from that position being a big issue. I know Jones will be dropping down a lot too, but I'd feel a lot better if we had someone more proven/experienced in there. Would be more than glad to just take Morrison back, just for the sake of having a known commodity. 

ILB is much like RB...extremely easy to find replacement level street free agents.

if that’s a team’s main roster concern, they’re in a fantastic place. Calm those tata’s

Edited by n8ghee
  • Like 1

Barring another low level move like Morrison, I think the ILB position and depth just go to show how much Pettine plans to be in a base defense. My only question would be short yardage or run heavy teams. Burks can't be the guy in those instances. He literally gets erased

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Barring another low level move like Morrison, I think the ILB position and depth just go to show how much Pettine plans to be in a base defense. My only question would be short yardage or run heavy teams. Burks can't be the guy in those instances. He literally gets erased

You mean a dime defense?

On 4/29/2019 at 1:24 AM, Gopackgonerd said:

Jones would seriously have to suck in the preseason to be cut. Depth behind our starters isn't filling with talent even with the UDFA in which we didnt get one saftey. 

He's also probably our current primary backup at ILB, another weak position.