Titans have traded for Ryan Tannehill

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I really thought the Dolphins would just roll with Tannehill this year. Still don't think they chase a QB in the draft this year. At least not in the first two rounds.

And honestly, I have to think Mariota is in at least some trouble with this signing. Not seeing a whole lot of degrees of separation between Mariota and Tannehill.

I think we might draft Haskins or Murray if they are there at 13, but my guess is they draft a QB in the mid to late rounds this year and go all in on 2020. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So is there a QB controversy in Tennessee? I personally think Tannehill is better than Mariota, but not by much. Does Vrabel go with a guy he brought in vs a guy he inherited?

No. This is his last season to prove if he can be the guy or not so there won’t be any controversy heading in to the season. Say what you want about his stats (and rightfully so) but he’s also played under 3 different HC’s and 4-5 different OC’s while also playing with a numb throwing hand for a season and breaking his leg in another season.

Now if he’s healthy and ****ting the bed or can’t stay on the field again there will definitely be one 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

He's a stud?  I think you're the one who needs to watch Titans games.

I was referring to his looks not his QB play. 

Hence why I said if he flops in 2020 they're getting a new QB, if he was a stud in QB play....they wouldn't replace him.

1751f071-3b6a-402a-9099-819745511110-NAS

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Clearly we're not watching the same Titans QB then.

We are.

56 minutes ago, pwny said:

Dude hasn’t thrown 3 TDs in a game since November 2016. You’d be hard pressed to show me any “stud” QB in the modern era who can play for over 2 seasons and not get a 3 TD performance out there. 

i'd bet at least a few QBs have done that in the modern era if they start 12+ games.

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Got no problem with the trade. Say what you will but Tannehill has to be an upgrade over who ever their  #2 was. Which is the point. Upgrading  the roster!

Whether he is or becomes better then Mariota is a moot point. He's  an adequate replacement  if MM gets hurt again and might actually  push him to be better.

Smart move

pretty much. whether mariota pans out or not, it's not like we're going to bank on tannehill to replace him. but given how much mariota gets hurt, i'd much rather have tanny out there than blaine gabbert.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We put you in every position to fail, Ryan. I will legitimately be rooting for you on the Titans. Go show that Marcus kid what's up in TC and win the starting job.

Not gonna happen 

1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

"Dolphins picked up $5 million of $7 million guarantee Titans give Tannehill. That was a way to get a better draft pick out of Titans in 2020.

Team saves $8 million in 2019 cap space. There's $18 million in dead money. Team saves $25 million in 2020 cap. No dead money."

It looks like we're going to have $120 mill in cap space next year with at least 10 picks. 

I'm excited for once. Young roster, tons of money in free agency, and a multitude of draft assets (not picks ^_^). 

FINALLY looks like we have a plan. Just have to see how Flores performs as the lead.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

Who's going to be starting for the Dolphins this year? Fitzpatrick? Glennon? Tyrod Taylor?

I'm ALL IN on a Blaine Gabbert vs Blake Bortles QB competition. I will pay money to see that.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm ALL IN on a Blaine Gabbert vs Blake Bortles QB competition. I will pay money to see that.

I'll take a 1 year $5 million flyer on Bortles. See if Caldwell and O'Shea can do anything with him. If not, come on down Tua.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Remember when Chip Kelly tried to give all the picks and half a defense for Marcus Mariota???

Titans you will forever be in my debt for turning that down

Of all the moves he did or tried to do...that is the one that woulda buried us for a long time.

Wasn't Flech part of that package?

Archived