Browns Trade Cam Erving to Chiefs

Tully305

52 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

@Mind Character

I guess the FO didn't see the talent you saw

Huh?? @ohiogenius

I guess since the TV/Internet said it's true; it must be true. Just like it said the "Cavs are demanding more trade assets from Celtics" --Adrian Wojnarowski and also just the opposite "Cavs have made no request to Boston for more on Kyrie-IT trade."---Joe Vardon

But which TV/Internet is right?

What about "the cavs learned nothing new from the IT physical," vs "the cavs were shocked by the damage to IT hips at the physical."

Jason La Canfora first reported it (who doesn't have the best track record) and "shocker" MKC "confirmed it," along with others.

Marc Sessler of nfl.com weeks ago speculated that the Bills would trade Reggie Ragland to the Chiefs; Browns would trade Cam Erving to the Chargers; and Joe Haden to the Cowboys b/c guess what? It makes sense when one thinks about the roster and who can be a cast off. The Bills trade came true; he has since stated he had no inside knowledge but he speculated and forecasted based on team needs and potential available players.

Those that first broke the news aren't the most reliable and then it has just been confirmed by a feeding frenzy of poor reporting // report retweeting.

Maybe it is true...we shall see.

How many other GMs and scouting departments had Cam Erving as 1st round talent and "saw his talent." He has a lot of tools that lend himself to success at RT or LT. To this point, it hasn't worked out, but because of those flashes and his youth he may be worthwhile to keep as a developmental backup unless one can obviously upgrade on him.All I've ever said is that Erving has "Developmental LT/RT starter traits/tools based on his movement skills and long arm punch" and he played well against the Saints in spots along with playing bad in spots. Just told people to watch the all22 and all the plays and not just the glaring ones they remember. I've said repeatedly that the Browns should look to upgrade on Erving and Rod Johnson and they should do so at the 53 cut down; however, if an upgrade isn't really out there Erving still has some upside at tackle as backup/emergency starter that can be upgraded upon.

Greg Robinson was a bust on the Rams as a LT/RT/RG...he struggled...but because of what he flashed on tape in college and at times in the nfl. He was traded for a 6th round pick to the lions and now is the starting LT for the Lions due to the Taylor Decker injury. The reports on Robinson have been good and we will see, but it's not unheard of for a player to struggle with tons of positional switches then perform well after a few years in the league when they've settled, matured, and allowed their talent to take over.

2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I agree with your assessment on Cam, I was just saying the FO just doesnt see what we see

We shall see, og...we shall see...We'll see on Saturday how the FO sees him...

I see them looking to upgrade on him; however, as he's injured and has a bigger contract relatively speaking, the injury settlement via waiving would be somewhat costly.  Without a substantial upgrade that falls off another teams roster...Cam might well be our backup RT.

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

holy F we got a 5th for the scrub?!!??!

I honestly can't believe anyone gave us something for him and took on his, while rookie contract, contract at all. I'd have taken a helmet to be named later.

I think the national media fawning over this move for KC because Erving was a 1st round pick and they haven't paid attention since then is hilaaaarious. Seen a couple guys, "It's a cost controlled swing tackle for a 5th! What a steal!" Zero mention of his being a complete and utter bust at all. Lulz.

Archived