The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

17 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He was right.

Who on this board has said the coaches are all in on Carr with no room for argument?

I believe the coaches are all in on Carr for this season.  I am also 95 percent certain that we do not take a QB within the first 4 rounds.  I could see us taking a shot on a guy who we can develop into a backup but taking a QB with our first 4 picks would be foolish considering that Carr has the ability to ball out this season with the added talent we have acquired.  

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I believe the coaches are all in on Carr for this season.  I am also 95 percent certain that we do not take a QB within the first 4 rounds.  I could see us taking a shot on a guy who we can develop into a backup but taking a QB with our first 4 picks would be foolish considering that Carr has the ability to ball out this season with the added talent we have acquired.  

That is what I want to happen, but I'm no where near as sure that Gruden won't screw it up.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we don't take one in the first round, I doubt we do it at all.  We already have 4 QBs on the roster with minimal cap going towards them other than DC.  There's really three routes we can go this draft:

1. Trade everything for Murray.

2. Draft our 3 first rounders and sit pat.

3. Trade back a bunch of times and somehow walk away with 15 rookies. 

I'm all for the second and third possibilities.  I think trading away a bunch of draft capital for Murray would hinder us long term.  We didn't trade players for picks just to grab one player.  We need to fill the holes Mack and Cooper left.  Can't do that with just Murray in my opinion.  I think 3-4 good/great rookies would help us a lot more than what would potentially become a slight upgrade or major bust at QB.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

If we don't take one in the first round, I doubt we do it at all.  We already have 4 QBs on the roster with minimal cap going towards them other than DC.  There's really three routes we can go this draft:

1. Trade everything for Murray.

2. Draft our 3 first rounders and sit pat.

3. Trade back a bunch of times and somehow walk away with 15 rookies. 

I'm all for the second and third possibilities.  I think trading away a bunch of draft capital for Murray would hinder us long term.  We didn't trade players for picks just to grab one player.  We need to fill the holes Mack and Cooper left.  Can't do that with just Murray in my opinion.  I think 3-4 good/great rookies would help us a lot more than what would potentially become a slight upgrade or major bust at QB.

Option 2 makes the most sense to me.

• Like 2

Safe to say, the Raiders will will trade around on day 1. Mayock is wants more 20-60 shots. That's where you make your team. 

Unless Bosa falls to 4, I'm hoping they trade back. Bosa is a major need and tops his position by a mile. 

Even with Q.Williams I still feel I can trade back and get good value at DT. There are several guys at DT who can play and be had later. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Safe to say, the Raiders will will trade around on day 1. Mayock is wants more 20-60 shots. That's where you make your team. 

Unless Bosa falls to 4, I'm hoping they trade back. Bosa is a major need and tops his position by a mile. 

Even with Q.Williams I still feel I can trade back and get good value at DT. There are several guys at DT who can play and be had later. 

Simmons for example here. But trading up to 2 would cost 27 and that’s not worth it imo. Maybe I’d do it for 35, but like I said, I doubt that gets it done. 

4 and 35 for 2

2. Nick Bosa

Trade 24 for a 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. 

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I pretty confident as well but I can't put a # on it. I know what has been said, what makes sense, what the signs point to, what I want and what most people think. That still doesn't mean a lot when it comes what can happen between now and the draft. And that has nothing to do with the "false" narrative of Gruden being a wildcard in the draft when seeking offensive talent. 

• 2 weeks later...