The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I am definitely for Trading for Russell Wilson. 

Derek Carr and 3/5 1st round picks we have in the next 2 seasons should be enough if Seattle is serious about trading him. We could fit Wilson in and still have cap room .

His contract is gonna be quite nuts though. I’m expecting 5 years 175M with 115M guaranteed coming out to about 35M a year. 

1 hour ago, Webmaster said:

Political comments are not allowed on this forum.  Here is a warning.  Next time you will receive a ban.  

You’re the hero FF deserves, but not the one we need right now

we will hunt you... because you can take it

you are a knight in shining armor.  The dark jnight

#webby

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

CBS Trade Scenario

Oakland gets: Wilson, Giants pick at 37, and Giants 2020 1st round pick

Seattle gets: Oakland's picks at 4, 24 and 27

Giants get: Derek Carr

Considering we get the Giants 1st in 2020 and a early 2nd it’s almost like we gave up Pick 24 for Wilson. 

Just ridiculous. When was the last time, if ever, there was a three way trade in NFL?

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Just ridiculous. When was the last time, if ever, there was a three way trade in NFL?

Hey it was a CBS scenario, highly unlikely. 

A trade for Wilson is probably Pick 4, Pick 35, Oaklands 1st Rounder in 2020, a Random 5th Rounder, and Derek Carr. 

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'd punch an old lady in the throat if this trade happened

Well Wilson is a Top 3 NFL QB. I’d personally skip the trade myself. I’m not paying anyone 35M a year. Not even if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning found the fountain of youth and fused together and went SSJ5. Still a no for me. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I am one that is tired of being average 

No you aren't. I don't consider 2016 avg though. That is what we are shooting for these next 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't follow 

You were trying to drive home a point so you embellished so things (Carr not cerebral and defense argument incorrect).

11 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

No you aren't. I don't consider 2016 avg though. That is what we are shooting for these next 2-3 years.

You were trying to drive home a point so you embellished so things (Carr not cerebral and defense argument incorrect).

Cerebral was the wrong word. Meant confident. Poised and confident in the pocket. He'll often throw off-balance or off the back foot floating balls. He'll try to escape the pocket even when protected (hearing footsteps) or force a throw. Just little nuances that add up over a game.

Cerebral was the wrong word. Meant confident. Poised and confident in the pocket. He'll often throw off-balance or off the back foot floating balls. He'll try to escape the pocket even when protected (hearing footsteps) or force a throw. Just little nuances that add up over a game.

Once again incorrect.  Carr is very confidant but does he throw off his back foot when pressured, sometimes.  Is that an indication he lacks confidence or is checking down an indication that he lacks confidence, no it shows me that he is smart and protecting himself and his body from a relentless pass rush that he had to face. 

If he doesn't do those things with the pressure he received last year he is being carted off the field in an air cast on a stretcher and misses all of 2019.  You guys must live in fantasy land or lack an understanding of football to think that any pocket passing Qb would have stood tall on our 4 win team that consisted of a bottom 3 Oline and the worst WR's in the game, 2 washed up RB's and the worst D we have ever fielded.  

Only Qb's with elite mobility may have fared better than Carr.  The problem with most mobile Qb's is that when they lose a step their careers take a nose dive.  Pocket passers like Brees, Manning and Brady can play into their 40's where "mobile" Qb's window of elite play is much more limited because they get by on physical attributes rather than truly understanding the nuances of being an elite QB.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

Especially when anything thing he does is micro managed, taken out of context and bemoaned by some fans. But I even push back on this description as well. Some of these things happen on some plays but I wouldn't say often and I would add that many QBs do these things as well. I really think these things you are pointing out are MORE symptoms of situation than failing in Carr as a player.

And you forgot to mention your misrepresentation of the defensive situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Especially when anything thing he does is micro managed, taken out of context and bemoaned by some fans. But I even push back on this description as well. Some of these things happen on some plays but I wouldn't say often and I would add that many QBs do these things as well. I really think these things you are pointing out are MORE symptoms of situation than failing in Carr as a player.

And you forgot to mention your misrepresentation of the defensive situation.

Agree to disagree. I think one constant with Carr is his poise in the pocket dating back to college. Since his injury, he's looked erratic save a couple performances ala the Colts last year where you get really excited about him, then he puts a dud up the next week.

How am I misrepresenting the defense?