The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I didn't say anything about doubling the win total. But yes, Wilson in Gruden's offense, his ability to extend plays in the pocket and down field with AB and Williams would result in 4 more wins. 

Carr, it's a 6 win team because he's limited as a QB. He's not making plays of schedule. He isn't a good deep ball passer. He's not as poised or cerebral.

To simplify.... Wilson can do more with less (proven). Defense doesn't have to be great, he can win on offense consistently. Carr, needs more and the defense has to be better to offset the inefficiency on offense.  

First off saying Carr isn't cerebral is false.  What do you base that statement on?  I also don't think it's fair to say that he isn't poised, he showed poise during the 2016 season when he had a line that blocked for him.  It's hard to be poised when you know you're going to get killed when you drop back.  Now does Carr not have the mobility and elusiveness of Wilson which affects his ability to "extend plays".  I would agree with that.  

Wilson having less is debatable.  What has Carr had that has been to superior to Wilson other than an Oline that has been hit or miss throughout his career.  Wilson has had a stellar D almost every year that he has played and maybe more importantly he has has consistency with scheme and coaching.  

Wilson has played with Lynch in his prime, Jimmy Graham who was still preforming at a high level. Baldwin who is a superior Wr to anything Carr has had to play with.   He's had superior wepons on O and a far superior D throughout his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I didn't say anything about doubling the win total. But yes, Wilson in Gruden's offense, his ability to extend plays in the pocket and down field with AB and Williams would result in 4 more wins. 

Carr, it's a 6 win team because he's limited as a QB. He's not making plays of schedule. He isn't a good deep ball passer. He's not as poised or cerebral.

To simplify.... Wilson can do more with less (proven). Defense doesn't have to be great, he can win on offense consistently. Carr, needs more and the defense has to be better to offset the inefficiency on offense.  

You forced it and it showed.

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

There is a reasson the Lions haven't looked for QB with Stafford. Same for Bengals with Dalton. 

You don't trade away even an average starting QB for a question mark. 

Good way to be an average football team forever. Guess what? Mayock and Gruden won’t settle for average. Average is in the Bengals and Lions DNA. And don’t be shocked if the Bengals pick Haskins this year. 

• Like 1

To obtain Wilson in a trade we’d have to include Carr to make room on the cap space. 4, 27, and Carr might be enough to land Wilson but I think they would want better value. Maybe 4, 35, and our 1st next year. Carr too but Carrs value won’t amount to much as Seattle will draft a QB. They are just taking his contract off our hands. 

Wilson and AB would be amazing. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good way to be an average football team forever. Guess what? Mayock and Gruden won’t settle for average. Average is in the Bengals and Lions DNA. And don’t be shocked if the Bengals pick Haskins this year. 

I am one that is tired of being average 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah. I am against trading Carr and moving up for Murray, but I'm not sure the Bengals and Lions are a good barometer for success.

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

There is a reasson the Lions haven't looked for QB with Stafford. Same for Bengals with Dalton. 

You don't trade away even an average starting QB for a question mark. 

In regards to the Bengals, one could argue they should have. It's certainly high risk high reward proposition. But average doesn't get you anywhere in the league.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

First off saying Carr isn't cerebral is false.  What do you base that statement on?  I also don't think it's fair to say that he isn't poised, he showed poise during the 2016 season when he had a line that blocked for him.  It's hard to be poised when you know you're going to get killed when you drop back.  Now does Carr not have the mobility and elusiveness of Wilson which affects his ability to "extend plays".  I would agree with that.  

Wilson having less is debatable.  What has Carr had that has been to superior to Wilson other than an Oline that has been hit or miss throughout his career.  Wilson has had a stellar D almost every year that he has played and maybe more importantly he has has consistency with scheme and coaching.  

Wilson has played with Lynch in his prime, Jimmy Graham who was still preforming at a high level. Baldwin who is a superior Wr to anything Carr has had to play with.   He's had superior wepons on O and a far superior D throughout his career.

2018 Cook = 2016 Graham (His best year in Seattle)

Cooper when thrown to is better than Baldwin.  Statistically Coopers first 2 years in the league where the same as Baldwin's best 2 years in the league.  Then Carr stops looking at Cooper and his game plunges.  After he was traded to Cowboys he had a better season in 9 games than Baldwin had in 13 games last year.  Baldwin is nearly as good as Cooper and it will be easy to see if both stay healthy next year.  There are reasons to partially explain why Wilson had it better than Carr but Graham and Baldwin are not.