The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr's 2016 was also a year he would be eligible for a contract extension after the season

I wrote a really long reply to this, and then realized how stupid it was to even argue with you. You do you bro.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr's 2016 was also a year he would be eligible for a contract extension after the season

This is true but we need to isolate the variables.  I can not say he is greedy and that is why he performed well if there are a lot of other factors.  Those who work with him on a day to day basis could say a lot more about that but judging Carr based upon his brothers analysis makes me think it goes beyond money.  If it was money his brother would not care because he already got paid.  David Carr has a look of disappointment on his face when he has to break down film of his brother.

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously. It's like trying to argue with a teenager. Just leave it man. It's confirmation bias at its finest.

31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wrote a really long reply to this, and then realized how stupid it was to even argue with you. You do you bro.

Are you two serious? This is something every pro player is aware of. It is not greed or anything It is a fact. This is a business 1st and foremost.

Carr and his agent etc were well aware that he would be eligible for a contract extension because his rookie deal was only a 4 year contract.

What's so ridiculous about that?

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Are you two serious? This is something every pro player is aware of. It is not greed or anything It is a fact. This is a business 1st and foremost.

Carr and his agent etc were well aware that he would be eligible for a contract extension because his rookie deal was only a 4 year contract.

I'm starting to believe you're an undercover Bronco or Chiefs fan.  Maybe even a Chargers fan.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I'm starting to believe you're an undercover Bronco or Chiefs fan.  Maybe even a Chargers fan.

Are you a Derek Carr fan or a Raiders fan? Sounds like you are a fan of the QB. Some people on this board are so sensitive about this guy.

I'm a Raiders fan Silver and Black. Players come players go. I hope Carr proves me wrong about him. However, acknowledging a player having his best season before a possible contract extension isn't a knock against him  😂

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Are you a Derek Carr fan or a Raiders fan? Sounds like you are a fan of the QB. Some people on this board are so sensitive about this guy.

I'm a Raiders fan Silver and Black. Players come players go. I hope Carr proves me wrong about him. However, acknowledging a player having his best season before a possible contract extension isn't a knock against him  😂

I personally don't think it's a reason for his better play in 2016, but it's a valid statement for any guy in a "contract year". It has to be taken into consideration. 

No different than being his 2nd year in the system with the most talent he has had around him needs to be taken in to consideration for how good he played.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr is beyond reproach, dont you know? How dare you try to insinuate that Carr was fully capable of identifying that 2016 was a contract year for him and perhaps was one of the reasons he played better. Shame on you....

Haha ridiculous. Carr is a NFL player all about his money, just like everyone else. He didnt give us any discounts on his deal, as he shouldn't have. He certainly knew he would get paid after a good season in 16, and kudos to him for making it happen. Since he got paid, he doesnt look like the same guy. Injuries can be used as an excuse, but it seems deeper than that. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just stop man. We don't want to hear it. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr is beyond reproach, dont you know? How dare you try to insinuate that Carr was fully capable of identifying that 2016 was a contract year for him and perhaps was one of the reasons he played better. Shame on you....

Haha ridiculous. Carr is a NFL player all about his money, just like everyone else. He didnt give us any discounts on his deal, as he shouldn't have. He certainly knew he would get paid after a good season in 16, and kudos to him for making it happen. Since he got paid, he doesnt look like the same guy. Injuries can be used as an excuse, but it seems deeper than that. 

Exactly "Beyond Reproach" I know now for sure wow. All I said that Carr knew he would be in line for an extension with after year 3

It is common for starting QBs not picked in the 1st to get new deals after their third season. Like Russ and Dalton, before Carr and Dak now. 

This is a business as Carr earned his contract he signed. What didn't bring up is the fact He hasn't been the same guy since. But since you did... it is true. Grudock knows this as well 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

No doubt in my mind there’s a few people on here more of a fan of Derek Carr than the actual Raiders. 

Happens a lot with QBs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No doubt in my mind there’s a few people on here more of a fan of Derek Carr than the actual Raiders. 

Happens a lot with QBs. 

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Call out some names so they can refute this ridiculous statement.

I am sure everyone here is a Raider fan and we are all just a little worked up after this past season.  We all got teased by 2016.  Let's try to keep the discussion to our team instead of discussing loyalties.  Fan of the Raiders or fan of Carr who is a Raider which still makes you a Raider fan.  I have not heard a single person here say they are taking there ball and gong home if Carr is cut.  Keep the cheap shots and low blows directed at HB next depth chart.  Just giving you a hard time HB.

• Like 2

It is somewhat unbelievable to me how much you guys like to beat on a dead horse around here...

Neither side will change their stance on Carr, so why argue all the time about it?

Wait till draft day, then process in what happened at the QB position and move on...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I just don't get the hate. I honestly feel sorry for the guy with what our organization has done. Constant turnover every single year. It's insane. And he isn't beyong reproach, I just think you guys are a poor judge of character. He may have wanted to be paid, but we all know he said sure we had enough for Mack, which we all know we had the money.