"What Happened in Green Bay" - fascinating piece on Rodgers/McCarthy

Apparition

I don't get why people continue to interact with ztoa (or William Lee, w/e).

Anyway, the details of the relationship between the two might be off, but the tone of the article seems about right. "A checked-out coach. A tuned-out QB." McCarthy grew stale as a coach, and Rodgers is a bit of a diva who probably wanted him gone. Nothing new there, though. Multiple sources from all over have been saying a version of that now for some years. Time to move on.

4 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Anyway, the details of the relationship between the two might be off, but the tone of the article seems about right. "A checked-out coach. A tuned-out QB." McCarthy grew stale as a coach, and Rodgers is a bit of a diva who probably wanted him gone. Nothing new there, though. Multiple sources from all over have been saying a version of that now for some years. Time to move on.

I wouldn't have been on this board if not because stupid "wouldve couldve" from big mouth fans like you.

2 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Rodgers is one of the better QB's all time. It's going to be a shame that it's looking like he'll retire with just 1 Super Bowl win. 

Predictable offense hardly win 3 in row against top team.

and it is not McCarthy's fault that Rodgers defense is so predictable as Packers can hire an army of OC for him. The question is "Can Rodgers handle different schemes?"

18 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Haven't seen one post examining the allegations about Rodgers' attitude, ego, or altering 30% of offensive plays in the huddle. The funny thing is, these rumors are nothing new. I think many of us already were familiar with them and believed they played a part in the Packers' recent struggles. But suddenly when former players bring them up we question their objectivity.

I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it gave me something to think about. And I don't see Packer fans ever turning on Rodgers. He's made too many amazing plays for them over the years. They fall over each other to defend him from criticism and will remember him as a football god, long after this article has been forgotten.

If they turned on Favre, they are more than capable of turning on Rodgers. 

As far as the whole McCarthy/Rodgers situation is concerned, I think success went to both of their heads and both of them wanted to take most of the credit for it.  You can't let petty things like ego get in the way of the ultimate goal.  I'm sure Bill Belichick and Tom Brady both have big egos too, but to their credit, they have been able to put winning as a more important thing than their own egos.  For this, and many other reasons, they have been able to create an incredible dynasty, whereas, what could have been built in Green Bay was sabotaged by the two guys at the top.

Come to think of it, Ted Thompson is another guy who has been MASSIVELY overrated for YEARS.  "The Sleeper" as he should now be called, deserves a big share of the blame as well for the team underperforming.

24 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Lol, is that ztoa?

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

What does this have to do with you saying Packers fan didn't recognize Jared Cooks catch? You have totally lost me. 

If you counter his arguments, which is easy to do, he just moves the goalposts and makes a different argument. You can't "win" against someone who argues like that because instead of offering a rebuttal they're just going to make a whole new argument, and another, and another, and another and any evidence you provide to the contrary is just dismissed for unknown reasons.

The debate coach in me is annoyed. 

9 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

If you counter his arguments, which is easy to do, he just moves the goalposts and makes a different argument. You can't "win" against someone who argues like that because instead of offering a rebuttal they're just going to make a whole new argument, and another, and another, and another and any evidence you provide to the contrary is just dismissed for unknown reasons.

The debate coach in me is annoyed. 

I merely said " you don't win SB with a DIVA". And fans are the reason behind it. Rodgers didn't turn his fans on until after 2011 seasons

Debunk it.

For others ask BayRaiders from page 6.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Lol, is that ztoa?

I think so. I wasn't the first to spot it, I can't remember who did. It was a month or two ago that someone said it, and it just clicked. There are no wildly different font colors, but other than that it is the same writing style with the same incoherent ramblings.

45 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Ugh, why did ztoa come back?

Can't stand stupid fans farting in elevators, ruining the earth of ours.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Seems you pretty thoroughly debunked it yourself by seemingly admitting that three SB winning QBs are divas.

They were not diva when they won SB.

After they won, they became diva.

It is quite hard to become a diva before you really accomplish something, right?

Archived