Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

35 minutes ago, Donzo said:

No doubt, he's been one of the biggest bargains in the history of the NFL.

what does this mean? based on draft slot? He's currently 19th all time in CAV. Should be top 10 in 2-3 years. So he's unarguably a good bargain at any draft slot. He's also the 5th highest paid NFL player of all time. Obviously there is recency bias due to inflation here (would be amazing to put together a list of the highest paid players all time relative to the salary cap each year they played).

But, compared to his career earnings, he's been paid more than he has produced relative to other NFL players. Not egregiously so, but not the best either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 I'd bet.

I'm glad Rodgers has the highest QB rating in the playoffs over the past decade.  Would love if he had the most wins. 

*Yes, his defense has held him back and no QB can be expected to win a bunch of the games we lost given how our defense played. 

*Cardinals game he was really bad.  Really bad.  I absolutely blame him for that loss.  As AG suggested, his late game heroics hardly mask his terrible game.  He was 22/42 for 150 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.  Don't give me the "He only had Abbrederis and Janis" argument.  James Jones played the entire game and Rodgers ignored him the entire game. 

James Jones was in every single play.  
Cobb played 21% of the snaps and he was just as bad with him as without him.  
He targeted Eddie Lacy only twice.
He targeted Abbrederis 12 times for 4 catches.  
He COMPLETELY ignored Jones.  2 targets for 0 catches. 

All of his incompletions in that game:  These are ONLY his plays that weren't completed.  I don't have the time nor the stomach to diagnose the people he should have passed to instead of Dickrod for 2 yards. 

*First pass to Abbrederis was a bad drop by Abbrederis.
*Very next pass was 5 yards over Jared's head.  He was open.
*Third incompletion was a TERRIBLE decision that should have been a pick six.  Jefferson saw the Dickrod out route that gets 2 yards each time and half a second faster it's a pick six.  Worse, Cobb is wide open for a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 4.  If he waited 1 second longer or pumped towards Rodgers, it frees up Cobb for an easy first down, but with a clean pocket, good protection, he flicks it to Dickrod at the line of scrimmage and it's almost intercepted. 
*Fourth play, yikes, good play by Rodgers here as he avoids pressure then hits Cobb for a big gainer, but Cobb drops it. 
*Fifth play, yikes, Aaron.  Janis has the guy beat pretty bad.  Rodgers underthrows it.  Janis has to come back to the ball, but the defender is there and it's incomplete.  This is a TD if Rodgers leads Janis. 

Gamepass isn't working for his next two,

But yikes, 3rd and goal from the 8, Janis wide open again in the end zone.  Don't know if this was a miscommunication or what, but Janis was open, Rodgers did one of those weird throwaway things.  No real pressure, either.  Field goal on that drive.  He missed two touchdowns on that drive.

That Cardinals game he was absolutely terrible before his late game heroics. 

The defense did their part in that Cardinals game.  Rodgers did not.

Cardinals game, The Great Sorrow game and 2013 Niners game are games that Rodgers did not play well enough for us to win while the defense did. 

The rest of our playoff losses Rodgers played well enough or great enough to win and was let down by the defense. 

The most upsetting two were the Niners embarrassment and the first Cardinals games.  Rodgers had no hope of winning either of those games and still put up damn good performances.

The 2011 game really pissed me off.  Giants take away what Rodgers did all season long and he can't adapt?  Randall Cobb as a rookie is your 5th receiving option and you can't find a way to move the ball?  Donald Driver is your 4th option and you can't find a way to move the ball?  James Jones is your #3, Jordy Nelson is your #2 and Greg Jennings is your #1 with Jermichael Finley as your TE, Bulaga and Clifton as your tackles, Lang and Sitton as your starting guards, EDS/Wells as your center and backup OL and all of them are healthy and you can only put up 20 points? 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The most upsetting two were the Niners embarrassment and the first Cardinals games.  Rodgers had no hope of winning either of those games and still put up damn good performances.

The 2011 game really pissed me off.  Giants take away what Rodgers did all season long and he can't adapt?  Randall Cobb as a rookie is your 5th receiving option and you can't find a way to move the ball?  Donald Driver is your 4th option and you can't find a way to move the ball?  James Jones is your #3, Jordy Nelson is your #2 and Greg Jennings is your #1 with Jermichael Finley as your TE, Bulaga and Clifton as your tackles, Lang and Sitton as your starting guards, EDS/Wells as your center and backup OL and all of them are healthy and you can only put up 20 points? 

Our OC's son went missing and was discovered froze/drown to death in a river a few days before that game. Don't think anyone on that side of the ball was prepared for that game.

• Like 3

Just now, Packerraymond said:
5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Our OC's son went missing and was discovered froze/drown to death in a river a few days before that game. Don't think anyone on that side of the ball was prepared for that game.

Yeah and despite all of this, 20 points was the most points the Giants allowed those playoffs en route to winning the super bowl. They beat us, the nfc #2 seed 49ers, and the Pats. San fran scored 36 against the Saints the week before scoring 17 against the Giants, New England scored 45 vs Denver and 23 against Baltimore before again scoring 17 against the Giants. The Falcons in the 1st round scored 2 points. 

So some context is good. The Giants got super hot at the right time

Still the most disappointing game (after the Seahawks debacle) that I have ever watched

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

47 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah and despite all of this, 20 points was the most points the Giants allowed those playoffs en route to winning the super bowl. They beat us, the nfc #2 seed 49ers, and the Pats. San fran scored 36 against the Saints the week before scoring 17 against the Giants, New England scored 45 vs Denver and 23 against Baltimore before again scoring 17 against the Giants. The Falcons in the 1st round scored 2 points. 

So some context is good. The Giants got super hot at the right time

Still the most disappointing game (after the Seahawks debacle) that I have ever watched

Both good points.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The lengths people go to discredit Rodgers , it’s sad. Pathetic . Call for attention 

I was extremely fair in my assessment.  There was nothing to discredit him.  You added nothing to a conversation.  THAT, not what I did, is the call for attention and pathetic.  Maybe read instead of assume what was written.  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was extremely fair in my assessment.  There was nothing to discredit him.  You added nothing to a conversation.  THAT, not what I did, is the call for attention and pathetic.  Maybe read instead of assume what was written.  

Or maybe I wasn’t talking about you. I don’t  agree with you on the zona game, but I don’t think it’s terribly egregious. Everything else seems pretty fair.