Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

from Ryan Wood

Aaron Rodgers’ all-time best 4.33 TD/INT ratio is full TD better than 2nd-place Russell Wilson’s 3.33.
If each of Rodgers’ next 25 passes is INT, he’d still be first.
Tom Brady is 3rd with 3.02.
Rodgers’ next 37 passes could be INT, and he’d still lead Brady.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from Ryan Wood

Aaron Rodgers’ all-time best 4.33 TD/INT ratio is full TD better than 2nd-place Russell Wilson’s 3.33.

I bet everyone who ever intercepted an Aaron Rodgers pass has that ball at home on display. 

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Ryan Wood

I remember seeing that stat that Aaron Rodgers is the first player to throw for 300 tds with less than 100 ints. 

At the time, I looked and did some rudimentary math and realised he has a good chance of being the first person to throw for 400 tds with less than 100 ints. Right now he needs 36 tds with <16 ints. His last 3 seasons he's thrown 67 tds and 12 ints, so if we can extrapolate from that, he's got PLENTY of wiggle room. A "bad" AR season would have him at like 384 tds and 94 ints by the end of the year, if he gets near his regular production, he should be at 394/<90 by the end of the next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Houston Safety Michael Thomas on Rodgers via FMIA

"I know I just got through saying that Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. But I think I’ll never forget playing the Packers in Miami in 2014, facing Aaron Rodgers, on the last play of the game, in the red zone. We’re up 24-20. He breaks the huddle, looks at our defense, smiles, doesn’t even buckle his chin strap, says hut and throws the game-winning touchdown. That guy was so smooth, and his arm talent is unbelievable.

Now when you’re talking arm talent, you have to include Patrick Mahomes. But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Rodgers and Mahomes are doing State Farm commercials together. They have the one-two punch in the league when it comes to pure arm talent. But Rodgers has that thing where he can just make any throw.
I think most DBs would tell you that he’s one of the absolute best and most dangerous quarterbacks we’ll face, ever."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"I know I just got through saying that Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. But I think I’ll never forget playing the Packers in Miami in 2014, facing Aaron Rodgers, on the last play of the game, in the red zone. We’re up 24-20. He breaks the huddle, looks at our defense, smiles, doesn’t even buckle his chin strap, says hut and throws the game-winning touchdown. That guy was so smooth, and his arm talent is unbelievable.

Now when you’re talking arm talent, you have to include Patrick Mahomes. But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Rodgers and Mahomes are doing State Farm commercials together. They have the one-two punch in the league when it comes to pure arm talent. But Rodgers has that thing where he can just make any throw.
I think most DBs would tell you that he’s one of the absolute best and most dangerous quarterbacks we’ll face, ever."

9:04 is where the last drive starts. Some old names in here like Knowshon Moreno and Dajuan Harris.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Someone in the comparison thread was doing '11 Rodgers vs '18 Mahomes, and those 2 seasons are dead even on rate/per game stats - Mahomes' gross #s are a tick better because Rodgers sat out the last game. 

I feel like Mahomes is Rodgers 2.0, and Mahomes has the advantage of a better HC. The differences are Mahomes is a bit more likely to risk it for the biscuit (i.e. throw an int) whereas Rodgers is more likely to protect the ball by taking a sack (I'll take "Things we all know" for 800, Trebek). 

PFF did a write up about GB....here are some of their words concerning Rodgers...

"One of the biggest questions centered around Rodgers playing in a new system, and though he led his team to a 13-3 record and first-round bye, Rodgers didn't exactly answer those questions with flying colors."  "There's no denying Rodgers talent and he's still one of the best at hitting bit time throws and avoiding turnover plays, but the thing that has made Rodgers on of the best quarterbacks of all time is his ability to hit the "easy" throws and avoiding negative plays.  Those elements of his game have taken a step back in recent years, and that trend has now stretched across multiple systems."

"Rodgers ranks just 26'th in accuracy percentage on 1-19 yard throws over the last two years."

from The Athletic

Fifty NFL coaches and evaluators rated 35 veteran quarterbacks this year while providing candid evaluations that appear in the analysis below. The process was simple. Coaches and evaluators placed each quarterback in one of five tiers, from best (Tier 1) to worst (Tier 5). Once ballots were collected, results were averaged to create a ranking. Our unanimous Tier 1 choices averaged 1.00, while the lowest-rated player averaged 4.30. Quarterbacks fell into the tiers in which they received the most votes.

Mahomes was 1st, Wilson 2nd, Aaron Rodgers 3rd out of 35 QBs evaluated, next came Brees and Watson to close out Tier 1

“I know some people don’t like him because of whatever, but all I know is, if you picked five quarterbacks you don’t want to play every week, he is one of them,” a defensive coach with NFC North experience said. “I don’t want to **** with that guy. You are worried about that dude.”

PFF sent me another article...rating the top QB's.... heading into the 2020 season

Tier 1:  1) Mahomes, duh.  2) Wilson.

Tier 2: 3) Jackson  4) Watson  5) Ryan  6) Brady  7) Brees  8 Rodgers

Tier 3: 9) Newton  10) Burow  11) Tannehill  12) Carr  13) Goff  14) Garoppolo  15) Cousins  16) Prescott  17) Stafford  18) Wentz  19) Roethlisberger  20) Mayfield  21) Rivers 

Tier 4:  22) Fitzpatrick  23)  Allen  24) Darnold  25) Minshew  26) Lock  27)  Taylor  28)  Bridgewater  29) Murrau  30) Jones  31) Haskins  32) Foles/Trubisky 

Guess I feel that is about right for Rodgers.  I question Matt Ryan, Newton, Burow.  Think that Cousins and Stafford are underrated.  

LOLd at Prescott.