Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's very simple:

Aaron Rodgers = better physically.

Tom Brady = better mentally.

Could you imagine Brady's brain in Aaron's body?  

Could you imagine Aaron Rodgers with the Patriots coaching and, special teams, and defense over the past decade +?

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Measuring football intelligence by throwing checkdowns 👌👌sounds legit!

Like I just said, by using "brain," I wasn't referring to intelligence.  Tom Brady does what it takes to win games.  Rodgers sometimes doesn't.  Have you ever in your life seen Brady not throw to the open receiver?  Because I haven't, and I've seen Rodgers do that at least 4 times a game this year.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could you imagine Aaron Rodgers with the Patriots coaching and, special teams, and defense over the past decade +?

This is true, and I acknowledge it.  Rodgers would have tree rings with Beichick right now.  Won't deny that.  Three, not tree.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Like I just said, by using "brain," I wasn't referring to intelligence.  Tom Brady does what it takes to win games.  Rodgers sometimes doesn't.  Have you ever in your life seen Brady not throw to the open receiver?  Because I haven't, and I've seen Rodgers do that at least 4 times a game this year.

Do I want Rodgers to take the check-down more, sure do. But he not doing it as much doesn’t mean he doesn’t do “ what it takes to win” it means it’s his difference in philosophy.

Its his nature for him to wait for the big play, and for years it worked! 

We do not have the personnel for that run and gun offense anymore, and I don’t think Mac’s system evolved to suit Aaron’s style of play. The biggest challenge for this next HC is to get Aaron to change this ‘backyard style’. Or create a scheme that better suits it. 

I personally, like it seems you are, wants to see Aaron evolve into the older QB he is ala Tom Brady. Stay within the scheme, take what is there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Do I want Rodgers to take the check-down more, sure do. But he not doing it as much doesn’t mean he doesn’t do “ what it takes to win” it means it’s his difference in philosophy.

Its his nature for him to wait for the big play, and for years it worked! 

We do not have the personnel for that run and gun offense anymore, and I don’t think Mac’s system evolved to suit Aaron’s style of play. The biggest challenge for this next HC is to get Aaron to change this ‘backyard style’. Or create a scheme that better suits it. 

I personally, like it seems you are, wants to see Aaron evolve into the older QB he is ala Tom Brady. Stay within the scheme, take what is there. 

It's not McCarthy that's the reason EVERY (okay there was one to Tonyan) deep ball this year isn't within two steps of the open receiver. 

If you're going to pass up the easy completion to throw the deep shot, you need to hit your deep shot every once in a while. 

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not McCarthy that's the reason EVERY (okay there was one to Tonyan) deep ball this year isn't within two steps of the open receiver. 

If you're going to pass up the easy completion to throw the deep shot, you need to hit your deep shot every once in a while. 

This hasn’t been Rodgers’ sharpest season. He’s missed a lot of throws this year that he normally makes in years past.

I do think we’ve grown accustomed to Aaron playing qb as well as anyone has that when he’s missed these throws, we kinda intensify the struggles.

I also would like to say that I’m a huge AR fan and I’ll defend him to no end, but I’m sick and tired of the in-game sulking. During the week if you wanna complain about the game plan and stuff, go ahead.m, give your input. 

During the game he needs to be a leader. And I don’t care if he’s not a in your face vocal guy, but he at the very least he needs to be seen as ‘ bought in’ and a calming presence. QB is a leader no matter what and when others see Aaron look defeated, I guarantee it affects others. He needs to encourage others and not be a source of negative energy. 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, wgbeethree said:

Did AR12 shout "Hard count!" today while trying to get the defense to jump? I swear I heard that. Please tell me I didn't imagine that. 

That's GOAT trolling if he did.

*David Dochovny "I want to believe" meme*

He definitely did. I was rolling when I heard that.

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we gonna act like the rest of the season was good? 

Are you gonna act like top 10 QB stats wise isn't good.  Just because we are used to top 2 or three doesn't mean he's not been good.  At times he's been bad.  At times he's been spectacular but for the most part he's been "good"  This team could easily be 8-5 right now for how Rodgers has played and this week would be for the lead in the division.  A terrible call, Monty's fumble, and Crosby's meltdown all don't happen and we aren't having this Aaron Rodgers discussion.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Are you gonna act like top 10 QB stats wise isn't good.  Just because we are used to top 2 or three doesn't mean he's not been good.  At times he's been bad.  At times he's been spectacular but for the most part he's been "good"  This team could easily be 8-5 right now for how Rodgers has played and this week would be for the lead in the division.  A terrible call, Monty's fumble, and Crosby's meltdown all don't happen and we aren't having this Aaron Rodgers discussion.  

Look at the team offensive stats. We were 18th in points per drive for a while. 

And yes, in the context of the conversation that was taking place, comparing Rodgers and Brady, top 10 is bad

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look at the team offensive stats. We were 18th in points per drive for a while. 

And yes, in the context of the conversation that was taking place, comparing Rodgers and Brady, top 10 is bad

Brady has almost identical stats to AR this year.  Over their careers though the only stat Brady is better in is rings and as we all know that is a team accomplishment.