Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

Anybody happen to catch the Rodgers interview yesterday in the locker room? He mentioned his parents were in town to celebrate his birthday on Sunday. I wasn't aware they had bridged that divide but glad to hear they were there. 

They must like Danica.

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Anybody happen to catch the Rodgers interview yesterday in the locker room? He mentioned his parents were in town to celebrate his birthday on Sunday. I wasn't aware they had bridged that divide but glad to hear they were there. 

He said "folks", no? Not convinced that meant parents, unless someone can confirm from that pic he posted

Just now, Golfman said:

"my folks were in town for my birthday" Not sure who else that could be referring too?

to you and me it would mean family, but hard to say with that relationship lol especially with the recent stuff with his brother. Wouldn't be surprised if that meant friends from Cali

Just now, JBURGE said:

to you and me it would mean family, but hard to say with that relationship lol especially with the recent stuff with his brother. Wouldn't be surprised if that meant friends from Cali

Who refers to their buddies as 'folks'? That is weird even for California. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

He said "folks", no? Not convinced that meant parents, unless someone can confirm from that pic he posted

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

"my folks were in town for my birthday" Not sure who else that could be referring too?

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

No idea what he was referring to.  I did hear AJ Hawk on the radio on Monday morning and he said that he (Hawk) was in town on Thursday/Friday for a gathering for Rodgers "surprise" birthday party.  Hawk mentioned Flynn, Kuhn, couple of other players that were in town for that.  No idea if that would be the "folks" Rodgers referred to?

On 12/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, Scoremore said:

Who??? Tom Brady is the best QB in the league and he has the hardware to prove it.  Championships matter...

Tom Brady has never been better than Aaron Rodgers. i thought the people on this site are smart enough to know wins and rings are team accomplishments 

10 hours ago, persiandud said:

Tom Brady has never been better than Aaron Rodgers. i thought the people on this site are smart enough to know wins and rings are team accomplishments 

Tom Brady has been better than Aaron Rodgers more often than not.  There's a reason he has all the rings.  On 3d down who do you want with the ball.  I want Tom even before this year.

11 hours ago, persiandud said:

How can anybody who watched that Cardinals game, and really this season, say that Tom Brady as never been better than Rodgers?

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, Sasquatch said:

So if a guy with his supposed talent is struggling at his age, when guys several years older are not, what’s it going to take to get him to the level of play like Brees, Rothlisberger, and Brady?  Or are we just writing him off as a lost cause at this point?  Maybe you’re not saying that, but some here are.

Brees learned to be more Brady-like. Payton changed the emphasis of the Saints to more run oriented and Brees started taking what the defense gave him.  Ego alteration.

Rothlisberger doesn't play well on the road anymore and he has more talent around him than any QB in the league. (Bell notwithstanding) 

Brady plays within the system he's in and takes what the defense gives him.  He's also got the best coaching staff in the league.

Aaron hasn't been the same- agreed, but the injuries have played a big part of that.  Next year, when he will be apparently healthy, he needs the Ego Alteration.  Then we'll be hunting the Superb Owl.  (Payton taking the coaching job would almost guarantee this)

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's very simple:

Aaron Rodgers = better physically.

Tom Brady = better mentally.

Could you imagine Brady's brain in Aaron's body?  

Every beat reporter, analyst, former / current player who has played with or against Aaron raves about his intelligence.

But we’ll go with your narrative. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Every beat reporter, analyst, former / current player who has played with or against Aaron raves about his intelligence.

But we’ll go with your narrative. 

Football isn't all about intelligence Mr. Narrative.  It's also about instinct and decision making and taking what's available.  You think Brady has thrown over 100 passes to his running backs while Rodgers has thrown maybe fifty to them this year doesn't have anything to do with decision making?

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Football isn't all about intelligence Mr. Narrative.  It's also about instinct and decision making and taking what's available.  You think Brady has thrown over 100 passes to his running backs while Rodgers has thrown maybe fifty to them this year doesn't have anything to do with decision making?

Measuring football intelligence by throwing checkdowns 👌👌sounds legit!