Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I know it's misleading because he leads the league in throwaways, but it still boggles my mind how the Packers are a 4-5-1 team and Rodgers has thrown 1, repeat 1, interception all year. Crazy.

And if Fuller hangs onto one that hit him between the numbers GB is 3-6-1.

Guys often talk about little things here and there in the Lions game, Rams game and Patriots game and say that GB could be 7-2-1.  Even in the Vikings game to make us 8-2.

They forget that Fuller drop that should have ended that game.

And after typing that...I can't recall other plays that should have resulted in a GB loss, so maybe those tables are turned against GB this year.

I don't watch sports TV so I don't know how much attention they've been giving this, but I haven't seen too much on it online: I noticed Rodgers was wearing a "Butte Strong" hoodie in the presser Thursday, a reference to Butte County, CA where Rodgers grew up and where the Camp Creek fire is still burning. For reference, here's where his high school is located in relation to the burn zone:

F1P08ee.png

His community college is in that thin little gap in the burn zone just west of 191. It burned down to the street that marks the edge of campus.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And if Fuller hangs onto one that hit him between the numbers GB is 3-6-1.

Guys often talk about little things here and there in the Lions game, Rams game and Patriots game and say that GB could be 7-2-1.  Even in the Vikings game to make us 8-2.

They forget that Fuller drop that should have ended that game.

And after typing that...I can't recall other plays that should have resulted in a GB loss, so maybe those tables are turned against GB this year.

Lol, ya think? However, aside from the bad calls vs the vikes, the other were all on Packers players/coaching. Packers also could have won the vikes games twice if not for choking. What a frustrating season.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I know it's misleading because he leads the league in throwaways, but it still boggles my mind how the Packers are a 4-5-1 team and Rodgers has thrown 1, repeat 1, interception all year. Crazy.

He has a coach who actively works to make things more difficult on the entire team.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, packfanfb said:

In 2016, Colin Kaepernick had 16 TDs to 4 INTs.  Not quite Rodgers' 19:1, but it was efficient.  The 49ers finished 2-14 that season.  

21 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We'd have more wins if Rodgers was more willing to risk interceptions.  Lol.  Rodgers is the exact opposite of Favre, and that's not always a good thing. 

Rodgers has also lost three fumbles this year, but that's okay because nobody remembers QB fumbles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Ty Montgomery in 7 games for the Packers had 15 receptions.  In two games with the Ravens he's got 8. 

Yeah ravens won the trade if the use him. He should have been moved back to a lot as soon as Cobb got hurt. Again poor coaching it’s been around all year. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Ty Montgomery in 7 games for the Packers had 15 receptions.  In two games with the Ravens he's got 8. 

What point are you trying to make -- that our Offensive Mastermind(TM) let another talented player go to waste in favor of hand-offs to JAGmaal Williams?

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

F'real though, if there's a new head coach, it's gotta be somebody who can coach Rodgers into throwing to running backs.  Literally the only positive thing for McDaniels. 

I thought he threw to the running backs more today than in a while, difference was they were tackled right away.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I thought he threw to the running backs more today than in a while, difference was they were tackled right away.

Yeah, they were almost like attempts to get the team to cover running backs when they were actually covering them. 

Just now, Gopher Trace said:

What point are you trying to make -- that our Offensive Mastermind(TM) let another talented player go to waste in favor of hand-offs to JAGmaal Williams?

Only someone like you could come to this conclusion.  McCarthy put Montgomery on the field all the time.  Rodgers didn't throw to him.