Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, incognito_man said:

I think my last sentence sums up what I think 

He needs to completely re-evaluate his play. If comes out in 2019 throwing on schedule. Playing what his play caller, calls and PICKING his shots so they are more unpredictable, our team is instantly like 5-6 games better.

It’ll take more than Rodgers completely re-evaluating his technique, and I think you know this as well.

2 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Everyone ages differently. You can't just compare him to other QBs and expect him to age the exact same way. If he truly has lost a step (not affirmatively stating that he has) then he needs to become aware of that and change how he plays the game. 

I don’t buy into this for a second.  It’s not like Rodgers is a cripple out there.  You don’t just go from best in the league to hopeless and garbage, and you know this.  Forget comparing him to older QB’s then - fine.  He’s still got talent enough to be a winner, in spite of this year.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Well yes, I said his mind and body.

He needs to re+evaluate how he thinks of his abilities at this point.

I think in addition to this, he needs outside support - coaching and a shrink, and maybe sprinkle in another playmaker or two.

23 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I don’t buy into this for a second.  It’s not like Rodgers is a cripple out there.  You don’t just go from best in the league to hopeless and garbage, and you know this.  Forget comparing him to older QB’s then - fine.  He’s still got talent enough to be a winner, in spite of this year.

I am not saying he is hopeless or garbage. Only that he can't perform to the level that he is used to and needs to stop thinking that he can. It is about changing the way he plays. 

• Like 1

Smiling out there today.  All chummy with the Cardinals.  Gee great as we watch our season die.  He has not played well all season.  Was totally against signing him to that massive contract.  Outpost was right we should have traded him for a boatload of picks.  Honestly I didn't think this season would end like this.  We had a decent roster to start the season.  I want this thread to die.  Don't think Aaron is deserving of any appreciation right now.  Don't want to hear how he's the best QB in the league.  Based on his terrible play this year he's average.  Believe he is also to blame for not working with our young receivers and getting on the same page.  Outpost is right he's become a diva.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if his throwing motion has been affected by that broken collarbone he suffered last year.  His passes just look off - he isn't putting the ball where he wants to and his passes are at his WR's feet too much.  

Yup. On the physical side, at the minimum, Aaron needs to spend time with a kinesiologist this offseason.