Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

As in he just isn't good anymore and may never be again. 

Ok.  I’ll grant that he isn’t the 2010 Rodgers, or even the 2015 Rodgers.  I have to think if guys like Brees, Brady, and Manning can keep a high level of play into their late 30’s, there’s still hope Rodgers finds a way also.  

He’s smug and sometimes frustrating to watch.  Maybe being humbled will open his damn eyes to his mortality.  Maybe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Okay .. this is getting crazy. Some of you people need to take a little break from the action and get your head straight.

Aaron hasn't been all that great for awhile now, actually. Just watch him. His great moments are farther and farther apart and his gaffes are more frequent.

He takes too many sacks, can't throw a deep ball, has schit mechanics, bails the pocket too early, avoids short-mid throws to try the long passes he misses way too much.

He either needs to reset his body or his mind or both. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is anymore.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron hasn't been all that great for awhile now, actually. Just watch him. His great moments are farther and farther apart and his gaffes are more frequent.

He takes too many sacks, can't throw a deep ball, has schit mechanics, bails the pocket too early, avoids short-mid throws to try the long passes he misses way too much.

He either needs to reset his body or his mind or both. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is anymore.

So if a guy with his supposed talent is struggling at his age, when guys several years older are not, what’s it going to take to get him to the level of play like Brees, Rothlisberger, and Brady?  Or are we just writing him off as a lost cause at this point?  Maybe you’re not saying that, but some here are.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Don't forget targeting his receivers' ankles

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

So if a guy with his supposed talent is struggling at his age, when guys several years older are not, what’s it going to take to get him to the level of play like Brees, Rothlisberger, and Brady?  Or are we just writing him off as a lost cause at this point?  Maybe you’re not saying that, but some here are.

Everyone ages differently. You can't just compare him to other QBs and expect him to age the exact same way. If he truly has lost a step (not affirmatively stating that he has) then he needs to become aware of that and change how he plays the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I think my last sentence sums up what I think 

He needs to completely re-evaluate his play. If comes out in 2019 throwing on schedule. Playing what his play caller, calls and PICKING his shots so they are more unpredictable, our team is instantly like 5-6 games better.