Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, Howler said:

You can run wide on them, but you have to be persistent. Giants did this. 

Rams have to be the best running game at stressing you horizontally... I don't think this will work with our talent.  Giants had an all-pro back.  Jones is fine but unless Bakh is just dominating this isn't how I'd scheme up a plan.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Rams have to be the best running game at stressing you horizontally... I don't think this will work with our talent.  Giants had an all-pro back.  Jones is fine but unless Bakh is just dominating this isn't how I'd scheme up a plan.

I agree with you.  But the goal in the running game should be to wear down that pass rush.  Mix in runs with short passes.  Keep 'em honest, at least while GB's defense has us in the game.  I think Rodgers can do enough with the passing game to win...so long as we don't abandon the run and make it easy for them to rush 4 and crush Rodgers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree with you.  But the goal in the running game should be to wear down that pass rush.  Mix in runs with short passes.  Keep 'em honest, at least while GB's defense has us in the game.  I think Rodgers can do enough with the passing game to win...so long as we don't abandon the run and make it easy for them to rush 4 and crush Rodgers.

if they are gonna try to rush 4 and not play the run, I'd rather hit them with the screen game.  I don't think you can run your way to victory if the goal is to score points.

If the game plan is to slow down the game and have the defense win the game... running is an option.  If the gameplan is to score 20 and hope they can't keep up... you gotta pass the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Fans or talking heads looking at his play honestly is not bagging on him. Any player that makes what he makes is not above reproach or criticism. It's really no indifferent then those that criticized Mac? If anyone including you feels differently then just say it but AR is not immune to criticism, if your not old enough to remember the Brett Favre years you'll know what i mean. I love both AR and BF and many other packers but none are above the team and all should be accountable at some point for their play for pay. If we don't hold them to that well again we've seen what that looks like now:)

I damn near choked with laughter when I hit the bolded part.  I'll top that:

If you're not old enough to remember the Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Jim DelGaizo and John Hadl years then you don't understand what poor QB play is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Obviously teammates matter. It's clearly a team sport, but then why are so many teammates thrown under the bus instead of Rodgers? Talent on both sides of the ball could be better, for sure. But that doesn't excuse his poor play.

The only people I see under the bus are MM, Ty, and HaHa. And, yes, Rodgers is having a poor year. His arm does not look right. He is not making his progressions and he is passing up open receivers. Lots of blame to go around.

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:
3 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Fans or talking heads looking at his play honestly is not bagging on him. Any player that makes what he makes is not above reproach or criticism. It's really no indifferent then those that criticized Mac? If anyone including you feels differently then just say it but AR is not immune to criticism, if your not old enough to remember the Brett Favre years you'll know what i mean. I love both AR and BF and many other packers but none are above the team and all should be accountable at some point for their play for pay. If we don't hold them to that well again we've seen what that looks like now:)

If you're not old enough to remember the Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Jim DelGaizo and John Hadl years then you don't understand what poor QB play is.

stop gatekeeping you old farts

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

No kidding.   The list of lousy QBs from that era is a mile long.  :S

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Can't leave out Rich Campbell. 

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

if they are gonna try to rush 4 and not play the run, I'd rather hit them with the screen game.  I don't think you can run your way to victory if the goal is to score points.

If the game plan is to slow down the game and have the defense win the game... running is an option.  If the gameplan is to score 20 and hope they can't keep up... you gotta pass the ball.

Oh, I'd like to see the screen game, too.  But...that's a chase play for Smith and Trevathan.  I think they are good chase 'backers.

I'm still of the opinion that the goal should be to slow down the rush and use the running game to help with that.

A running game will open up things for Rodgers...and keep him upright.

The offensive key, I think, is to mix things up.  Some short, quick passes.  Some screens.  Some runs.  Some gun.  When they sit in the gun and predictably try to pass, that is when Chicago will have the advantage.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Frick you got me big time. I’m an early 90 s packer fan. Bills before that and was too young to have a team prior. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Can't forget Anthony Dilweg, Randy Wright and David Whitehurst.

What collection of terrible QBs.

• Like 2