MLB The Show 19

csp911

It's pretty good from a gameplay perspective. Some things I've noticed as problems

1. Bunting in this game is way too hard. My pitchers just shoot lasers off their bats.

2. Lack of franchise depth is still a problem, like six years after it became one.

3. New defensive animations are largely good, but there are still some wonky ones on rare occasion.

4. Trying to time a HR-robbery remains basically impossible.

Overall, a good game though. Like an 8/10.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm going to wait until the price drops to buy this. The lack of work on franchise mode was not worth 60$

plus, I can still get enjoyment playing 18 with a updated roster

Same.  I'll probably pick it up around the All-Star break, when it gets around 1/2 price.  I'm pretty much strictly a franchise gamer.  

Has anyone tried out the new OSFM rosters?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody into DD?  

I've slowly been building my team, and almost have a starting lineup full of diamonds, but I just can't stop using my 84ovr Ken Griffey Sr in RF for some reason. I'm hitting around .380 with him over probably 65 games (I don't play a ton, hahaha). I don't think I play enough to do anything super serious, but I'm at like 51-30 for now.  I actually find myself grinding the moments more than anything at this point.  Just blazed through the TDiH for Inning 6 earlier today and snagged that 90 FLO Bichette.  

How do you guys like to build your rosters?  As far as hitters/fielders I look for VISION when it comes to hitting.  I feel like I can play pretty well, even with a lesser overall player, if he has decent visions.  Like, I have the 90ish Max Muncy all-star card, but I can't do a damn thing with him (and his low *** VISION) and am probably going to move him out of my starting LU (at 3rd) for my 87 Ripken Jr.  As far as fielding, I feel like it's a little sketch. I saw my diamond defense Kevin Kiermeier make 2 errors in a game multiple times.  It was unreal lol. I still like to prioritize defense as much as I can, unless it's a 1B tbh.  

Finally started to bolster my Bullpen with some diamonds here recently, and that seems to be making a big difference, especially Goose Gossage.  Actually being able to put out somewhat competent pitchers, compared to the batters I'm facing, is a HUGE help in holding onto games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this since it finally dropped to $29.99 everywhere. As someone else said, couldn’t justify the full price with lack of franchise updates and overall similar game to 18. But I always get the itch to play around the playoffs. Gameplay has much improved and I notice myself enjoying the game more than I did 18.

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Just got this since it finally dropped to $29.99 everywhere. As someone else said, couldn’t justify the full price with lack of franchise updates and overall similar game to 18. But I always get the itch to play around the playoffs. Gameplay has much improved and I notice myself enjoying the game more than I did 18.

This didn't age well at all. I'd be pissed if I were you!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/playstation-plus-free-games-for-october-the-last-of-us-remastered-mlb-the-show-19/

This also assuming you were a PS+ member.