Pick one; Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson

Kiwibrown

Julio vs Calvin  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Julio vs Calvin

I remember the Saints double covering CJ on every goal line play. On the other hand, you might as well put your nickel on JJ on the goal line because the dudes not scoring. That’s a big factor. You put CJ on the Falcons and JJ on the Lions...I don’t think that the comparison is particularly close. 

• Like 2

On 2019-04-12 at 5:05 AM, sammymvpknight said:

I remember the Saints double covering CJ on every goal line play. On the other hand, you might as well put your nickel on JJ on the goal line because the dudes not scoring. That’s a big factor. You put CJ on the Falcons and JJ on the Lions...I don’t think that the comparison is particularly close. 

This is a ridiculous take. If Julio sucked in the redzone teams wouldn't continue to double him down there. 

Matt Ryan is just a super conservative QB in the redzone who likes the take the 1 on 1 matchups which is why Julio's redzone and inside the 5 targets are so low.

Also you put Julio on a team with a big armed QB with Stafford and he finally has someone who can fully take advantage of his deep speed. Every year Ryan cost him about 4-8 deep TDs cause he doesn't have the arm strength to lay it out in front of him.

Edited by jarren

2 hours ago, jarren said:

This is a ridiculous take. If Julio sucked in the redzone teams wouldn't continue to double him down there. 

Matt Ryan is just a super conservative QB in the redzone who likes the take the 1 on 1 matchups which is why Julio's redzone and inside the 5 targets are so low.

Also you put Julio on a team with a big armed QB with Stafford and he finally has someone who can fully take advantage of his deep speed. Every year Ryan cost him about 4-8 deep TDs cause he doesn't have the arm strength to lay it out in front of him.

Lol. Sure bud. Julio is AWFUL within the red zone, nobody is double teaming him down there. You know with the invent of red zone opposing fans do actually get the opportunity to watch the Falcons. 

Roddy White and Calvin Ridley have no problem catching passes in the red zone from Ryan. Some good receivers are poor red zone targets. Andre Johnson was another was. Julio is still a good receiver but little things like TDs do make a difference in comparisons. 

54 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol. Sure bud. Julio is AWFUL within the red zone, nobody is double teaming him down there. You know with the invent of red zone opposing fans do actually get the opportunity to watch the Falcons. 

Roddy White and Calvin Ridley have no problem catching passes in the red zone from Ryan. Some good receivers are poor red zone targets. Andre Johnson was another was. Julio is still a good receiver but little things like TDs do make a difference in comparisons. 

The first Saints TD and the Bucs TD. Julio doubled both times. 

2nd down throw vs the Eagles.

Mabey you should watch more Falcons football before you talk. Julio is constantly doubled or bracketed in the redzone.

Edited by jarren

1 hour ago, jarren said:

The first Saints TD and the Bucs TD. Julio doubled both times. 

2nd down throw vs the Eagles.

Mabey you should watch more Falcons football before you talk. Julio is constantly doubled or bracketed in the redzone.

TD magnet. maxresdefault.jpg

why can every other good WR in the NFL find a way to catch red zone TDs except Julio? Are you trying to tell me that Ryan is that bad? Because if you are...you’re full of it

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

TD magnet. maxresdefault.jpg

why can every other good WR in the NFL find a way to catch red zone TDs except Julio? Are you trying to tell me that Ryan is that bad? Because if you are...you’re full of it

Hold up I thought you watch the Falcons on redzone? 

Edited by jarren

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The glaring issue with Julio Jones is that he doesn't score enough.  I don't want to hear about how he's double teamed in the redzone, because all elite receivers face the same types of coverage.

Not exactly true, very few get this kind of coverage.

cj3.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Not exactly true, very few get this kind of coverage.

cj3.jpg

You don't think Odell, Hopkins, Antonio, or AJ Green get that type of coverage? Gronk didn't? Tyreek Hill might be the only elite receiver that doesn't and that's because he score 30+ yard receiving TDs half the time when he reaches the endzone.