T-minus 2 weeks final mock

ajura pyta

It's a fun ride for the 49ers. 

I'll say that w/o having studied the trade values closely, I like the idea of trade backs here. 

I'm ok with Greedy Williams but much prefer Ferrell there at 13.

AJ Brown is a great choice at 17.

From your draft evolution, the ideal picks for me would be: ( just wanted to do this for sport )

13. DE / Ferrell

17. WR / Harry

36. OL / Lindstrom

48. CB / Mullen

67. S / Chauncey Gardner-Johnson ( should be a top 50 pick; all of the above should be )

104. LB / Germaine Pratt 

212. LB / De'Andre Walker ( should be in the top 75 ) 

Not bad for the Bills.

Would be a tough pill to swallow not taking Oliver at 9 when he fits a major need and is great value. 

Its likely too heavy on offense based off of what they did in free agency and who they've have been meeting with leading up to the draft. Grabbing any QB in any round makes little sense. Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley are cemented as the backups behind Allen this year. 

5 hours ago, ajura pyta said:

31. LAR- Dalton Risner- OT- Kansas St.

The Rams lost two interior O-line starter this offseason, masking this a need pick.  Risner can initially replace Rodger Saffold inside and be groomed to eventually replace Andrew Whitworth on the outside.

Risner is a nice pick but the role you described is already slated for last years 3rd round pick and a McVay and Kromer favorite Joe Noteboom. Brian Allen taken in the 4th round is slated to take over for Sullivan at Center as well. OLine is something we will pick likely in mid/late rounds as depth or an eventual starter 2020.

MIAMI DOLPHINS

6. Dwayne Haskins- QB- Ohio St.

78. David Sills V- WR- W. Virginia

116. Carl Granderson- DE- Wyoming

151. Ben Powers- G- Oklahoma

233. D’Cota Dixon- S- Wisconsin

234. Wes Hills- RB- Slippery Rock

I know Miami needs a QB, but this years class of QB's are not the answer.  If Haskins is still on the board come pick 13, then sure I could see them taking him as he is the best of the bunch, but Miami already tried that 1 year wonder QB (Tannehill) and see how that worked out.  As for trading away the farm to get up and get him, I don't see it.  Besides would any of this years QB's have been a first rounder last year?  In my opinion...NO.  And third, if you can't protect your QB then it does not matter if you have Dan Marino back there, he will get clobbered, just like Tannehill.  They need offensive line help.  I see them going OL with J. Taylor, A. Dillard, or J. Williams.  Then they can go DL in the second round.  The rest of them aren't bad though.  I like the Powers pickup in round 5, I think he has a shot.  Although, I went to IUP, so really picking up someone from "Slimy Pebble"? 

Then next year go get Tua.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

5. Devin White- LB- LSU

Fine pick, but I’m hoping if the big 3 are gone we can trade down to the 7-10 range and pick up some draft capital. Would be happy with White, Oliver, or Sweat here and  those three plus Burns and Taylor with a trade down.

39. JJ Arcega-Whiteside- WR- Stanford

Not good. Our WR corps is fine at the top end. We could use a speed guy later on but this is too early. With guys like Lindstrom and Rapp still on the board it would be better to go that direction instead of a guy who would be our #4 at best.

70. Justice Hill- RB- Oklahoma St.

107. Michael Jackson- CB- Miami

145. Ben Banogu- DE- TCU

208. Jordan Ta’amu- QB- Ole Miss

No, we will not be drafting a QB. A drafted QB would only be a camp body and we can find one of those with a UDFA.

215. Ryan Pope- OT- San Diego St.

I would love the Raiders taking Q and Sweat ! but no Harris at 35, he does not worth that spot. Lindstrom would be a much better pick, the team need a G and Gruden coached him at the Senior Bowl, i love that guy for the run game. 7 rounds thats a great job and you can't make everybody happy..

ATLANTA FALCONS

10. Ed Oliver- DT- Houston

45. Chris Lindstrom- G- Boston College

117. Elijah Holyfield- RB- Georgia

137. Jalen Jelks- DE- Oregon

152. Will Harris- S- Boston College

172. Tyree Jackson- QB- Buffalo

186. Kendall Joseph- LB- Clemson

230. Clifton Duck- CB- Appalachian St.

I like it for the Falcons although i think we are taking Holyfield a bit earlier than he will probably go and i don't think we should be taking a QB.  Other than that im pretty pleased with everything else.   I would drop Holyfilnd down to the Tyree Jackson pick at 172  or get another bigger RB there if you don't think Holyfield drops that far after his horrible combine and pro days and then take a CB or RT at 117.

7 hours ago, bigdog2372 said:

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

5. Devin White- LB- LSU

Fine pick, but I’m hoping if the big 3 are gone we can trade down to the 7-10 range and pick up some draft capital. Would be happy with White, Oliver, or Sweat here and  those three plus Burns and Taylor with a trade down.

39. JJ Arcega-Whiteside- WR- Stanford

Not good. Our WR corps is fine at the top end. We could use a speed guy later on but this is too early. With guys like Lindstrom and Rapp still on the board it would be better to go that direction instead of a guy who would be our #4 at best.

70. Justice Hill- RB- Oklahoma St.

107. Michael Jackson- CB- Miami

145. Ben Banogu- DE- TCU

208. Jordan Ta’amu- QB- Ole Miss

No, we will not be drafting a QB. A drafted QB would only be a camp body and we can find one of those with a UDFA.

215. Ryan Pope- OT- San Diego St.

could you tell me more about something i do not understand ? White to the Buccs. I mean he is good and even a bit more than that but Bucannon is back so i guess he will take one ILB spot. Then David i guess David will slide inside in a 34 right ? So maybe im wrong about David ? Or maybe is there another thing i do not understand ? Sweat or Oliver would be better pick, not to mention positionnal value nor if best players or not than White but only in term of needs, i do not get it so as you a fan of, please tell me your feelings about it..

Love the effort but don’t like the draft for GB.  With all their defensive issues the past few years, even with their signings, they need to draft at least one defensive player with their first three picks since this draft is so strong on that side of the ball.  Also I don’t think McGary is a OT, and if we go OG I’d rather grab Lindstrom in the 2nd.

I can't agree with this MIA draft. Does not line up with higher priority needs of the team. YES, we need a QB, but we need line help before we get the next one killed. I see this as staying-put or trading down for more selection for DL and OL selections THIS year. Trading up for a 1st year QB in haskins is sketchy. We've had enough sketchy, time to build correctly. Pickspatrick, as you called him, yeah....so there is that. but, it's obvious we are looking to next year for that. Not Tanking, just next year for better options. Just my opinion....

I'd be ok moving up for Murray, but not addressing either DL or OL with the 2nd round pick would be a huge misstep. Winovich or Polite or McGary would be much better picks. Also, I feel like 6, 17, and a future 1st may be slightly too much, but it's close enough that I can't really argue too much. IMO if 6 and 17 are being sent, a future 2nd would be enough to sweeten the deal.

7 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

could you tell me more about something i do not understand ? White to the Buccs. I mean he is good and even a bit more than that but Bucannon is back so i guess he will take one ILB spot. Then David i guess David will slide inside in a 34 right ? So maybe im wrong about David ? Or maybe is there another thing i do not understand ? Sweat or Oliver would be better pick, not to mention positionnal value nor if best players or not than White but only in term of needs, i do not get it so as you a fan of, please tell me your feelings about it..

Personally I happen to agree. In terms of talent at their respective position White is arguably one of if not THE best in the draft. It’s just that ILB is just not as valuable of a position in today’s NFL than say an edge or an elite CB, QB, etc. So his value will slide some based on that. Not a knock on him, it’s just a reality of the position be plays. And yes, David and Minter/Bucannon are slated to be the starters on the inside for us unless Beckwith can come back from his injury 🤞. 

4. Quinnen Williams- DT- Alabama

7. Montez Sweat- DE- Mississippi St.

35. Damien Harris- RB- Alabama

106. JoeJuan Williams- CB- Vanderbilt

140. Alize Mack- TE- Notre Dame

218. Sean Pollard- G- Clemson

235. Nick Fitzgerald- QB- Mississippi St.

Damn, Williams and Sweat would be fiiiiiilthy.

Archived