***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Just now, Ragnarok said:

D'Onofrio knows how to act in a movie too.  I would trust him to be able to adapt.

He does, but his Kingpin character cannot be done in a movie as well as the TV show.

Regardless, they won't do it.  Those Netflix shows, other than Daredevil season one and two, were trash garbage terrible awful.  They're not going to resurrect anything from those TV shows. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

He does, but his Kingpin character cannot be done in a movie as well as the TV show.

Regardless, they won't do it.  Those Netflix shows, other than Daredevil season one and two, were trash garbage terrible awful.  They're not going to resurrect anything from those TV shows. 

You could make the argument that no character can be done in a movie as well as a TV show on your reasoning.

I know they won't.  Which is why I said it'll never happen.  I thought the first half of Luke Cage was very good(Ali was incredible), Jessica Jones season 1 was very good, and I liked Punisher season 1 as well.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Daredevil season 3 was the best season of any of the shows.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

You could make the argument that no character can be done in a movie as well as a TV show on your reasoning.

I know they won't.  Which is why I said it'll never happen.  I thought the first half of Luke Cage was very good(Ali was incredible), Jessica Jones season 1 was very good, and I liked Punisher season 1 as well.  

Yeah ppl forget JJ S1 and Punisher S1 were amazing.   It’s in large part due to the fact Defenders and S2 for both seasons were awful.  Destroyed any mojo those 2 series and stars had going.  

Cox, D’Onofrio, Bernthal & Ritter were all fantastic and would have been fine movie choices.  But we all know that’s not happening.   It’s a shame other than LC S1 Netflix TV had something going.  But it fizzled really quickly.  

According to Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of Avengers: Endgame, Captain America was able to wield Mjolnir long before the most recent entry in the MCU.

In an interview with the Happy Sad Confused podcast, the Russo Brothers were asked why Captain America was able to lift Thor’s hammer Mjolnir in Endgame when he seemingly couldn’t in Age of Ultron. The duo replied “In our heads, he was [always] able to wield it.”

“He didn’t know that until that moment in Ultron when he tried to pick it up,” continued the Russos. "But Cap’s sense of character and humility and, out of deference to Thor’s ego, Cap in that moment realizing he can move the hammer, decides not to.”

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Spoiler alert for every major movie ever:

Calvert is going to find something to complain about. 

Ahhh how did I know you would skim through and not bother reading the posts. Besides it just occured to me why he didnt attempt to remove the stones. So no worries. 

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ahhh how did I know you would skim through and not bother reading the posts. Besides it just occured to me why he didnt attempt to remove the stones. So no worries. 

Honestly it wouldn't have been a big deal but you battled back hard for 2 pages lol.  Like it was a major inexcusable gaffe.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

According to Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of Avengers: Endgame, Captain America was able to wield Mjolnir long before the most recent entry in the MCU.

In an interview with the Happy Sad Confused podcast, the Russo Brothers were asked why Captain America was able to lift Thor’s hammer Mjolnir in Endgame when he seemingly couldn’t in Age of Ultron. The duo replied “In our heads, he was [always] able to wield it.”

“He didn’t know that until that moment in Ultron when he tried to pick it up,” continued the Russos. "But Cap’s sense of character and humility and, out of deference to Thor’s ego, Cap in that moment realizing he can move the hammer, decides not to.”

Think most of us knew he could. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, D82 said:

Think most of us knew he could. 

Yep. Whedon essentially confirmed that in a Q&A with fans after Avengers: Age of Ultron was released. Without outright stating it, he basically confirmed Captain America stopped once he knew he could lift it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. Whedon essentially confirmed that in a Q&A with fans after Avengers: Age of Ultron was released. Without outright stating it, he basically confirmed Captain America stopped once he knew he could lift it.

I wasn't a hardcore MCU guy then as am I know so probably didn't read up on this.

@August4th So I saw a video today at lunch that said that Hawley and his script were absorbed into Marvel Studios with the purchase of the FOX entities, the question now will be whether they greenlight it or not.

The same video pointed out that there were several Easter eggs in the last two Avengers movies that look very much like they point to Galactus as the next arc-ending (i.e. Phase 6) baddie (Bruce assuming the role of Silver Surfer from the comics in being the one to crash into the Sanctum Santorum to warn of Thanos' coming, for one; which was necessary because they didn't own the copyrights to the Silver Surfer character).  Doom is essential if they're going to do a Fantastic Four franchise - and if they're going to do Secret Wars as well.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something like cool off the Avengers through Phase 4, maybe have Hawkeye and Rhodey incorporate the Avengers: West Coast either at the end of Phase 4 or somewhere before the midpoint of Phase 5.  Strange has too damn much responsibility to be a full-time member of the Avengers.  Hulk is, for all intents and purposes, handicapped - so I could see him remaining in the fold as Professor Hulk in an in-lab/intellectual capacity, but it would create a great opportunity to introduce She-Hulk.  Same with T'Challa, to be honest.  

• Like 1

Somewhat related to what I mentioned about, someone mentioned that it's pretty clear from the Far from Home trailer that Peter and most of his friends were all dusted in the snap, but have now been brought back.  That said, they've been brought back 5 years later, which means that there's a whole new school of classmates around the students that are coming back (kids that would have been 5 years younger - and none of them in high school at the time - when the snap occurred).

This could create a great, easy way to introduce some of the characters that Spidey knew from a younger age that hadn't been introduced in Homecoming: Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborne, Johnny Storm, possibly even Felicia Hardy and we can finally get some damn Black Cat.

• Like 2