Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Horizon zero dawn 2?

Not quite.  I tried Horizon Zero Dawn and I lost interest for some reason.  I still have it and still plan on playing it eventually, but Mass Effect and Witcher 3 were completely different animals. 

Horizon Zero Dawn seemed to lack a few components that made those games so enjoyable for me. 

Dialogue options, real tangible weight to the decisions you make, character leveling, relationships with side characters (not necessarily the romance angle)...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

First off, where did you get this info?

Secondly, there is NO WAY Sony is going to release their major exclusives on PC simultaneously with PS5.   That would be handing WAY too much power to Microsoft.     Maybe some of the lesser exclusives and sports titles like "The Show", but when it comes to games like God of War, Horizon, etc....there is no chance PC gets it at the same time.   Maybe 2 or 3 years down the road.           

Godfall will come to PS5 and PC is an Epic Games Store exclusive in late 2020, bringing a "looter-slasher" experience to next-gen.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/13/godfall-announced-for-ps5-pc

I don't think all of Sony's exclusives are coming to PC right away... for now.  Microsoft is making a killing off software sales on PC.  Sony is losing profit by denying themselves this market and they know that.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC this summer will be big.  If that game sells really well then I wouldn't be shocked to see Horizon Zero Dawn 2 come out for PC at the same time or maybe 6-8 months later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see the point in buying this at launch or even a few months afterwards. Release it with some games actually worth a damn. Should’ve had a new GTA released with it. No they’re still making money off of GTA5, a game released 7 years ago and dummies are still putting money towards the online stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, showtime said:

Godfall will come to PS5 and PC is an Epic Games Store exclusive in late 2020, bringing a "looter-slasher" experience to next-gen.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/13/godfall-announced-for-ps5-pc

I don't think all of Sony's exclusives are coming to PC right away... for now.  Microsoft is making a killing off software sales on PC.  Sony is losing profit by denying themselves this market and they know that.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC this summer will be big.  If that game sells really well then I wouldn't be shocked to see Horizon Zero Dawn 2 come out for PC at the same time or maybe 6-8 months later.

I doubt it.    Sony isnt going to hamstring their potential console sales by releasing on PC as well, because games they release on PC ultimately benefit Microsoft as well.

Time will tell, and I wouldnt even mind it since I may become more of a PC gamer going forward, but I just cant see Sony giving up their best weapon against Microsoft, which is their exclusives. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I doubt it.    Sony isnt going to hamstring their potential console sales by releasing on PC as well, because games they release on PC ultimately benefit Microsoft as well.

Time will tell, and I wouldnt even mind it since I may become more of a PC gamer going forward, but I just cant see Sony giving up their best weapon against Microsoft, which is their exclusives. 

I don't think it's going to hamstring console sales all that much.  There are still several reasons people get consoles

1.  Consoles are cheaper than gaming PCs

2.  Consoles are still much better 'living room' experiences

3.  If you play sports games, fighting games and racing games

4.  People deep into Sony's ecosystem/friends

 

Sony is behind the curve in terms of software in a few ways:  Gamepass and PC.  It's reported they are making a service like Gamepass, which is going to make a KILLING for Sony and they are trying out the PC stuff with Horizon Zero Dawn and Godfall.  If both Horizon Zero Dawn and Godfall put up huge numbers on PC, they'd be fools not to continue to doing it.

EDIT:  You can also play Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human on PC as well now (Two games that were previous Sony exclusives - Heavy Rain on the PS3 and Detriot at first on the PS4).

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think it's going to hamstring console sales all that much.  There are still several reasons people get consoles

1.  Consoles are cheaper than gaming PCs

2.  Consoles are still much better 'living room' experiences

3.  If you play sports games, fighting games and racing games

4.  People deep into Sony's ecosystem/friends

 

Sony is behind the curve in terms of software in a few ways:  Gamepass and PC.  It's reported they are making a service like Gamepass, which is going to make a KILLING for Sony and they are trying out the PC stuff with Horizon Zero Dawn and Godfall.  If both Horizon Zero Dawn and Godfall put up huge numbers on PC, they'd be fools not to continue to doing it.

EDIT:  You can also play Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human on PC as well now (Two games that were previous Sony exclusives - Heavy Rain on the PS3 and Detriot at first on the PS4).

Fair points, but I am not saying they will not EVER release major exclusives on PC.   I just dont believe its going to be simultaneous for their major exclusives.  

Time will tell.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not getting a PS5 until there's a new Mass Effect or Witcher game or some other RPG that's similar to those two, not similar to Skyrim. 

 

I too am excited for an Andromeda port 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fair points, but I am not saying they will not EVER release major exclusives on PC.   I just dont believe its going to be simultaneous for their major exclusives.  

Time will tell.  

The usual 1+ year wait time before ports to PC does enough to keep PS as the console ppl want, yet broaden the fanbase for franchises long-term.   It’s hard to see Sony changing the formula there.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The usual 1+ year wait time before ports to PC does enough to keep PS as the console ppl want, yet broaden the fanbase for franchises long-term.   It’s hard to see Sony changing the formula there.  

2-3 years ago, people were saying it's hard to see Sony putting their exclusive titles on PC at all, yet here we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, showtime said:

2-3 years ago, people were saying it's hard to see Sony putting their exclusive titles on PC at all, yet here we are. 

Well, it wouldnt make sense for them to release their top exclusives day 1 on PC.  Timed exclusives make sense, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...