Chiefs trade for Seahawks Frank Clark

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

From a Seahawks standpoint, I assume they felt they had to do this as a result of the Russell Wilson contract, which really forced their hand financially.  So getting the picks they did in this trade, with of course rookie contracts attached to them, you have to say that despite losing a really good player, they have absolutely done the right thing and come out of it pretty damn well to be honest.  A very smart move methinks.

Especially in a draft with this much defensive line talent.  Losing Clark sucks, but they can get a good pass rusher at #21 (or trade up for 1 they really want) and then add more cost-controlled depth with #29.

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If the Seahawks really knew how to draft then I would agree.

True, their drafting has fallen off as of late but did anyone expect them to just consistently draft All-Pro's in the 4th or later rounds like they were doing from 2011-2013? Hard to keep that pace up. They do, however, need to do MUCH better at hitting on their OL and high-up picks. Drafting Rashaad Penny last year was a joke even without hindsight.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wish they Jets would've done this lol Seattle would've traded back out of that and gotten even more picks.

no one is going to trade into the top 5 this year, book it.

The jets are desperate to trade down and haven't been able to find a partner... the value just isn't there

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not saying Clark is or isn't a better pass rusher....Just that I don't care too much about him being better in the run game. 

weren't the chiefs one of the worst defenses last year because every team could run the ball twice and get a first down?

24 minutes ago, N4L said:
5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wish they Jets would've done this lol Seattle would've traded back out of that and gotten even more picks.

no one is going to trade into the top 5 this year, book it.

The jets are desperate to trade down and haven't been able to find a partner... the value just isn't there

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh I fully agree.

ummm... doesn't appear that you do

I'd say Seattle won the trade (as of now), but I don't think it's as bad for KC as a lot of you are making it out to be. A lot of you are asking why didn't they just keep Ford... well, Clark is simply better than Ford. They still gave up a bit too much, IMO, but it's not an awful trade for KC.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seahawks would've sold that pick for nothing. They love trading back more than the Ravens do and that's hard to say.

Jets are currently in the process of trying to move down on the cheap. I don't think they have any takers. Time will tell, but saying you agree to 'no one will trade down' then saying 'well they would be able to trade down' is.... odd

Archived