Chiefs trade for Seahawks Frank Clark

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that people really don't know how good Frank Clark is and somehow think one-year-wonder Dee Ford is on the same level.

I do not think they are the same.

I also do not think that Clark is a 1st round pick and 20 million dollars better than Ford.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

All seriousness - given the long term deals given to Clark, Lawrence and Ford, I really don't see Clowney on the Texans after this week. 

Somebody will make an offer and the Texans would be wise to take it.

Well they would be wise if they can get and 1st and a 3rd that is for sure.   

I get that the draft is a good time. But fans reeealllly over value draft picks. 

Chiefs give up #29 and a low 2 next year for a 25 year old pass rusher who is a proven commodity and people are saying they overpaid?

The value on draft picks has become out of control with the popularity of the draft. 

To me this looks like a move that can tip the scales on defense for KC and get them to a Superbowl. I'll give up a late 1 and 2 for that all day. Frank is a baller. KC got better today on defense than they would have Thursday with those picks. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I get that the draft is a good time. But fans reeealllly over value draft picks. 

Chiefs give up #29 and a low 2 next year for a 25 year old pass rusher who is a proven commodity and people are saying they overpaid?

The value on draft picks has become out of control with the popularity of the draft. 

To me this looks like a move that can tip the scales on defense for KC and get them to a Superbowl. I'll give up a late 1 and 2 for that all day. Frank is a baller. KC got better today on defense than they would have Thursday with those picks. 

I agree with the underlined. 

Disagree with the bolded, its has nothing to do with the popularity of the draft and has everything to do with the rookie wage scale. The only thing better than talent, is young cheap talent.

I also think GMs across the league are placing a large value on draft picks, its why literally everyone in this draft is looking to trade down. basically all 32 teams are looking to trade down

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I agree with the underlined. 

Disagree with the bolded, its has nothing to do with the popularity of the draft and has everything to do with the rookie wage scale. The only thing better than talent, is young cheap talent.

I also think GMs across the league are placing a large value on draft picks, its why literally everyone in this draft is looking to trade down. basically all 32 teams are looking to trade down

Spot on.  Exactly why the Seahawks made this trade.  Saved money on a huge contract to Clark and then saved more money by having more players on rookie contracts.  It is the way forward if you want to have a chance of maintaining quality on your roster, and stay potentially competitive.  On a separate but related issue, QB salaries will have to be controlled at some point, as teams can not continue to have their salary cap hamstrung by one player.

Imagine being able to pay a good edge rusher. He's on your team. Writing a big check wouldn't be a problem.

Now imagine ditching him and trading high picks to pay someone else a ****load of money instead. 😂

Ford and draft picks >>>>>> Clark and no draft picks.

53 minutes ago, patman said:

Well they would be wise if they can get and 1st and a 3rd that is for sure.   

I'd do backflips for that. Even though I can't do a backflip, I'd find a way to do it for that.

36 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

Spot on.  Exactly why the Seahawks made this trade.  Saved money on a huge contract to Clark and then saved more money by having more players on rookie contracts.  It is the way forward if you want to have a chance of maintaining quality on your roster, and stay potentially competitive.  On a separate but related issue, QB salaries will have to be controlled at some point, as teams can not continue to have their salary cap hamstrung by one player.

There should be a separate cap for QBs or something. It would be cool of their were more strong teams around the best QBs. 

It would be interesting if you could get 1 player not to count against your cap. 

Archived