Chiefs trade for Seahawks Frank Clark

49erurtaza

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But Dee Ford can't play the run. Clark is a BEAST against the run. That's the biggest difference right there.

Meh, give me a beast pass rusher over everything on the edge. Not saying Clark isn't one, but I don't really mind Ford being a below-average run defender. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, give me a beast pass rusher over everything on the edge. Not saying Clark isn't one, but I don't really mind Ford being a below-average run defender. 

To be fair though, Clark is an animal in pass rush and the run.   I understand the thinking.

The price, though, is another issue altogether.  And that's before you get to the baggage he brings and where he's going (not that it usually should factor in, but let's face it, KC is under the microscope right now).

But y’all about a revamp on Defense: Okafor, Ogbah, Clark, Breeland, Matheiu, Wilson.. Veach is willing to give up cash and picks to make this defense even just a middle of the pack one. 

Even if the Offense dips, but the defense picks up, they’re a tough team.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source.

Wow, that is a lot of dough. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair though, Clark is an animal in pass rush and the run.   I understand the thinking.

The price, though, is another issue altogether.  And that's before you get to the baggage he brings and where he's going (not that it usually should factor in, but let's face it, KC is under the microscope right now).

Oh yeah, not saying Clark isn't great in both areas, just that Ford's below-average play against the run doesn't matter a whole a lot to me. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clark is a better pass rusher AND better run defender though. And more proven. Not sure what else there is to say.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source.

holy jamallama.

Archived