Chiefs trade for Seahawks Frank Clark

49erurtaza

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

...for the next 2 years(?) when they have to pay Mahomes.

Actually they don't have to pay Mahomes.  They can let him walk in free agency. 

I wonder how many other teams would trip over themselves to be in "cap hell" next year.  I'm thinking at least 28.

Brady, Brees and Roflberger may be retired by then so that number could go up.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

DE wasn't the reason you couldn't stop Pats in OT - that was coaching and secondary.

Technically, the DE (Ford) jumping offsides nullified what could have been the game sealing interception, so in a way, yes, it was the reason they couldn't stop the Pats... prior to OT.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Technically, the DE (Ford) jumping offsides nullified what could have been the game sealing interception, so in a way, yes, it was the reason they couldn't stop the Pats... prior to OT.

That's some mental gymnastics. I'm impressed. I did say in OT though :D

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is why they got rid of Ford.

Even sense his rookie year, his situational awareness has been not good to say the least.

For those asking why we wouldn't just keep Ford. This, to me, is a huge sign that the team really didnt trust Ford to maintain that level of play. Many fans were skeptical. Seems the FO was too.

I will say, for those presenting financial concerns, we have a lot that has and will come off the books right now. Houston and Berry were huge cap liabilities. Watkins has a very escapable deal, as do a few other guys like Fisher and Hitchens by the time we have to sign Mahomes. The deals Veach has given out so far have been well structured to have outs around the time we need them. We would've been in a good spot already if not for the old deals that are still hurting us.

The draft compensation I dont mind. It's a clear win now move. A 1st this year and a 2nd next year wont be making the impact we need when we want it. This is a clear move to take advantage of when Mahomes remains cheap. I'd bet most of the guaranteed money hits before Mahomes's deal comes up, and we have options then in a bunch of contracts when we need them.

Ultimately, we'll see. If hes a key cog in a superbowl win these next two years we'll look brilliant. If not, we may look foolish. But I understand the intent.

Archived