2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

Just now, CWood21 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Trade up for a WR. 

At this point, I'd have to assume we're more likely to move down than up.  But Gute might be drunk at the wheel right now.

I mean trade up from 44 to 30 Seattle likes us. Wouldn't cost much 

Andy Herman:

People are going to fall in love with Savage. Plays with passion & intensity, he’s aggressive. He’s literally the anti-HaHa Clinton-Dix. Moving up & taking him over some of the other players on the board is a bit rich for me but he’s a really good football player. Starter day 1.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, there's no "best" safety in the class.  There's no Earl Thomas.  There's no Eric Berry.  There's no LaRon Landry.  You've got essentially 3 top safety prospects: Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Darnell Savage.  It's pick your choice of safeties.  If you want to do a breakdown on Savage, I'd love to hear it.  But my guess is you saw he was a Day 3 prospect early in the draft process, and now he's suddenly the 21st overall pick.

Not really, Im a huge big 10 fan who watched a lot of Maryland football and there wasn’t one instance where I viewed Savage as an elite player or prospect. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Not really, Im a huge big 10 fan who watched a lot of Maryland football and there wasn’t one instance where I viewed Savage as an elite player or prospect. 

Nobody willingly watches Maryland football.  They put put out a few insane athletes every couple of years.  Savage is that guy.  And no, there isn't an elite prospect available.

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

I watched him plenty. A good player but you are joking yourself if you think he’s the best FS in this draft. It was a reached that costed 3 picks in a year we can’t afford to spend 3 picks on one guy. It’s like they believe we’re one player away and not the dumpster fire that’s been a long, long, long ways from being a playoff team over the last 2 years. 

Posting mediocre college stats don’t mean much too me. I’m a big 10 fan and Watched a lot of Maryland. He didn’t think he stood out as a star or a difference maker.  

We just added 3 starters in FA and 2 1st round picks to the defense.  How in the world does that scream one player away?

Archived