2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

Here is my take on Ferrell. I like him and wanted us to draft him but not at 4.  12-16 was when I felt he had value.  He has a high floor low ceiling.  Everyone says look at his film but measuring his athletic ability at the combine can validate what you see on film as far as transitioning to a level every team is better than the best you played in college.  Ferrell not running at the combine or pro-day is a huge red flag in his evaluation.  It does not mean he is a bad player but if he ran like Polite he would have fallen out of the first because the chances of him succeeding in the league would be slim.  It also brings up questions about him having an effect on his teammates or where his teammates having an effect on him.  When I watch Clemson I see Lawrence and Wilkins getting doubled because when they are not the win to often.  That is why I question if he is the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player on Clemson's line.  If I can not answer that with certainty then I can not take him at #4.  

Let me be clear though.  This is just like Karl Joseph.  I really wanted us to draft him but not where we got him.

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

He doesn't fit our defense smh

I hate when people say this. How does a very good pass rusher not fit everyone ones team? Who can also drop back and cover very well? Sounds like a great opportunity to disguise coverage to me..

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yaaaa.. I'm like whatever .... I was coming off such a high in life at Coachella.. thank you Raiders for bringing back down to normal....  same ole Raiders

You’re just mad you mocked 30 guys to us and still didn’t get an I told you so 

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yaaaa.. I'm like whatever .... I was coming off such a high in life at Coachella.. thank you Raiders for bringing back down to normal....  same ole Raiders

Hope you didn't catch the herpes 

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Me. I see him bending the edge more with his length than his flexibility. But my main issue with him is lack of power. I see him being more of a Dio Jordan or Leonard Floyd type in the NFL.

There you are. Yes. We will see. I’d prefer Burns over Ferrell any day. 

Very dissapointed with the pick. 

1 minute ago, TheMadStork said:

I hate when people say this. How does a very good pass rusher not fit everyone ones team? Who can also drop back and cover very well? Sounds like a great opportunity to disguise coverage to me..

Sorry if you don't like the truth. Our defense calls for DE that play the run as well as rush the passer, one trick ponies need not apply.

Archived