2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Celebrate those little victories, like Gary's pressure there.  Celebrate Lowry, too.

For sure. Additionally my expectations are my own and I don't need anyone to tell me they need to be tempered. That's where this went off the rails for me. That's some thought police bs.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

You're asking King/Brown/Weed to neutralize Gordon though. Gordon>Brown.

King could absolutely cover Gordon.  You've gotta remember that King when healthy was capable of keeping up with Julio Jones.  That's why I added the disclaimer of healthy.  King has all-pro talent and can cover both speed and size.  If he stays healthy we are legit Super Bowl contenders if LaFleur coaches like a second year head coach in his first year. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Golfman said:

Whose practice squad is he on right now anyway? Just an idiot looking for an answer for stating what actually happened! 

Seriously, whose PS is Moore on?  Google search didn't tell me much on anything.  Did he even get on one?  I really hope he did.

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

For sure. Additionally my expectations are my own and I don't need anyone to tell me they need to be tempered. That's where this went off the rails for me. That's some thought police bs.

Not disagreeing.

Again, no dog in the fight.

But it was a stunt.  Lowry did set it up perfectly.  And Gary played his role really well.

Not just "anyone" gets close to the QB on that play.  Gary showed a lot of acceleration and speed for such a large man.  

But...anyone could have run that stunt and had a free run, as Lowry did just about as perfect of a job as could have been done on that play.

I get what AG has said about Gary...I too feel like we should have gotten something more "finished" at pick #12.  But, I also know that there is immense potential there.  Starting him start off slowly with pre-determined things, like stunts, isn't a bad way to start a career.  Ideally, though, your #12 pick is farther advanced than that.  But Gary isn't.  

Which is why we get back to patience.  I"m usually quick to write off guys that I think will "bust".  And that's probably a bad thing on my part.

But for some reason, I'm not writing off Gary.  I'm trying to find the positive him every time.  Thankfully, he's given me plenty of positive, essentially since the day we drafted him.  He's proven to be a harder worker than I thought he was and I swear he's gonna hit big for us.  That's gonna take a year or two, but it's gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

All I could find is that he had a try-out with KC.

Me too.  It's odd.  

I would have thought someone would take a chance on him given his draft status and ability to get separation.  Someone would try to fix those hands.  Too bad. Maybe we will see him Vince McMahon's league.

20 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It went off the rails for me when one of the aggressors talked about the "7 gap", identifying that they don't know much, but were still telling others they had an agenda.

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

King could absolutely cover Gordon.  You've gotta remember that King when healthy was capable of keeping up with Julio Jones.  That's why I added the disclaimer of healthy.  King has all-pro talent and can cover both speed and size.  If he stays healthy we are legit Super Bowl contenders if LaFleur coaches like a second year head coach in his first year. 

Agreed. I’ll add, the Packers offense said King was the toughest defender the Packers has to get open on during the offseason. That is high praise considering Alexander is here. 

King is a rare talent and when healthy is a real weapon, like you said, especially against the leagues biggest and fastest. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That's where it went off the rails... mmmmook. 😶

Yall can be Gruden in the booth where everything is wonderful and fantastic and great. I'd prefer a dialogue where words have meanings.

But dont let anybody control your thoughts!!!

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yall can be Gruden in the booth where everything is wonderful and fantastic and great. I'd prefer a dialogue where words have meanings.

Yeah. That's where it went off the rails for me. Does that bother you?

38 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

This was a GREAT debate. If you don't think so you should be banned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Got bored and watch your guys game, and boy did your guys defense look better. Not letting how absolutely bad the bears offense looked, but the Packers defense just looks so much faster!

Should be a fun game next week!

Tis' true my (uniquely objective) Vikes' fan friend, after years of roster mismanagement and incompetent coaching on the defensive side of the ball, it appears that the Packers may finally have a D that can keep them in, and even win, games on a regular basis.

When Rodgers shouted "We got a defense" on national TV last Thursday, he left out a word most Packer fans (and undoubtedly Aaron himself) were thinking about ... FINALLY.

Vikes fans have to hope that the appearance of this apparent newfound defensive prowess comes at a time when the soon to be 36 year old Rodgers and the Pack's offense is declining (or at least will need some time to get up to speed in a new offense), and there is some evidence that might be the case.

As for this Sunday, I dislike the Vikings more than anything else I can think of, but I do love to watch good defensive football and Zim has his experienced crew looking primed and ready. I think Harris is a significant upgrade over Sendejo and that the entire team knows they need to have a magical year or the whole thing might implode, from Spielman on down.

I truly hope to see Kirk winging it all over Lambeau on Sunday (as long as the Smith brothers, Kevin King, and Alexander remain healthy) but am fearful that Kubiak is wise enough to know that is a recipe for a Vikes' loss.

Getting pumped already.

• Like 1