Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

Kiltman

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Love how everyone was writing him off the minute we drafted him. lmao.

Would it be ok to write him off if he had bad practices? Most WR's should look good against this CB group, especially in a practice setting. Nelson Agholor beats them left and right every offseason, but it never really transfers over to the regular season.

This is the same group that made Tre'quan Smith and Corey Davis look like all-pros in actual games. If you were drafted in the top 4 rounds or just run really fast, you should be able to beat our cb's in practice. 

Edited by Jeezla

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Would it be ok to write him off if he had bad practices? Most WR's should look good against this CB group, especially in a practice setting. Nelson Agholor beats them left and right every offseason, but it never really transfers over to the regular season.

This is the same group that made Tre'quan Smith and Corey Davis look like all-pros in actual games. If you were drafted in the top 4 rounds or just run really fast, you should be able to beat our cb's in practice. 

You'll say anything to try and vindicate your premature disdain of the kid. Yes, he isn't going up against All-Pros in practice, he's going up against Rasul Douglas, and Sidney Jones who both figure to play big parts in our team this year. Kid JUST got here.

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

You'll say anything to try and vindicate your premature disdain of the kid. Yes, he isn't going up against All-Pros in practice, he's going up against Rasul Douglas, and Sidney Jones who both figure to play big parts in our team this year. Kid JUST got here.

I don't dislike the kid, I just don't think he'll be anything better than Jason Avant.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Jeezla said:

the corey davis guys aren't on the team anymore come on jeezla you're better than that

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

the corey davis guys aren't on the team anymore come on jeezla you're better than that

The only one that left was Corey Graham...

It's pretty much the same, but with Rasul starting for Darby (until he comes back)and McLeod (A 4.6 40 guy coming back from a torn MCL) replacing Graham.

Edited by Jeezla

He'll be better than Jason Avant.
He'll be Eric Decker.

I watch the Pac-12 games religiously.
He will not be N'Keal Harry, who will fall just shy of DeAndre Hopkins.
But, J-JAWn (his new nickname) will be good.  (pronounced:  juh-jawn)

He doesn't play as fast as he may run.
He is tall and doesn't have that juke ability to shake-and-fly.
However, he can "tip" his body, turn and create space, even at full speed.
He will be fine.
He's not the same receiver as Jefferey and won't "replace" him.

He could be the best #2 WR in the league at some point.
Or he could just be a red zone threat.

Either way, he's probably not the dominant receiver seen in camp, but he should be a significant contributor early and better in the future.

1 minute ago, babyatemydingo said:

He'll be better than Jason Avant.
He'll be Eric Decker.

I watch the Pac-12 games religiously.
He will not be N'Keal Harry, who will fall just shy of DeAndre Hopkins.
But, J-JAWn (his new nickname) will be good.  (pronounced:  juh-jawn)

He doesn't play as fast as he may run.
He is tall and doesn't have that juke ability to shake-and-fly.
However, he can "tip" his body, turn and create space, even at full speed.
He will be fine.
He's not the same receiver as Jefferey and won't "replace" him.

He could be the best #2 WR in the league at some point.
Or he could just be a red zone threat.

Either way, he's probably not the dominant receiver seen in camp, but he should be a significant contributor early and better in the future.

He won't replace Jefferey, but our FO will pretend he can in a year.

In March or April of next year we'll trade Alshon for a 5th to the Lions, and trot out a 2020 starting trio of A&W, D Jax (His last year here), and either a rookie (Hopefully Jalen Reagor!) or a FA, but definitely not Mack Hollins.

27 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Jalen Reagor?
Like you pegged Kelvin Harmon as a 1 ..... better than Harry?
This is not to totally disparage your ability to analyze, but it is premature.

# drinkingandpostingisanart

Harmon and A&W (my nickname for JJAW in case you didn't notice) are basically the same guy, imo. JJ is stronger in the redzone, but the skill set is similar. WR's like them that win with physicality are hard to gauge in NCAA. Explosive, quick-twitch guys like Reagor are easier to scout, imo.  And I came back around to Harry over Harmon even before the combine. I did like Harmon more for like a month though. He had a really nice stretch of games...then pulled a D Jax and went MIA. 

I really like Reagor as of right now though. Get's easy separation with speed, but also competes for 50/50 balls. And he constantly works back to the ball on under-throws. Gets YAC. Kinda looks like OBJ without the one-handed circus catches.

Edited by Jeezla

Reagor is a fine college receiver.
But, so are Collin Johnson, Tee Higgins, Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb.
I have no idea who will be better in a year.
That was my point.

I don't like to project a year ahead.
As much as I think Eno Benjamin is a 2nd rounder now, he may not be draftable by next April.

He's a good red zone threat.
But, only four of his 14 TD's came inside the 10.
I think Eagle fans are looking for a lock-solid, 3rd-and-goal pass catcher inside the five.
He was actually slightly more productive between 10 and 20 yards.

Here are his TD's in 2018:
2, 4, 8, 9
13, 15, 18, 19, 19
23, 25, 28, 38, 80
So, he's not really a deep threat, but he had most of his TD's in the 10-30 yard range.

His biggest value is that he is another big receiver who will command better coverage when the Eagles close in.
Who has four 6'2" DB's to cover Jefferey, Arcega-Whiteside, Ertz and Goedert?

Oh, and he can block.
"Sanders up the middle for three and a touchdowwwwwwwn."