FA 2.0 begins now

textaz03

So, I'm wondering what you guys think of these ideas:

(1) Trading La'el Collins for Rashad Jones and late round 2020 pick of Miami (w/contractual incentive only). Basically, the Dolphins and Rashad are at an impasse and it could be a great time to make a deal. He is old and paid too much for our liking, BUT it could be that the Dolphins would also benefit from some sort of negotiations regarding his contract. If they just released him, he would likely cost tons of dead money anyway. So, it is possible they could be willing to pay some of his future contract. If we could land him near the $5 mil mark -I would. 

Reshad Jones is one of the more underrated defensive guys I can think of. He would be a great asset - though be it, a luxury - to our defense and team as a whole. I would think he would upgrade our SS position immediately. And he would be an impact player as soon as he hits the field. I think it would be a "win now" type of move; but who's long-term growth would it hinder this year? Heath and Iloka's... who cares. 

I would be all about this move - then we can do what we always do and draft another OL next year lol. *We still have Fleming and Looney, WITH Fredbeard returning*

OR

(2) Signing Eric Berry to an incentive laden contract. 

We need to at least TRY and see what's up with a safety. I wonder if MJ is gonna be a surprise play there...

From what I’ve seen KR really likes the Wilson kid, and from McClay’s comments yesterday team still values Heath quite a bit. Add in Illoka and I doubt Dallas looks at any safeties. 

I could be sold on either scenario you presented though. Mostly #2 as I believe Collins is going to come close to netting team a 3rd rd comp. Really hoping he has a monster year.

Edit - I also wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right about Jackson. He said teams tested him at safety

Edited by WizardHawk

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

From what I’ve seen KR really likes the Wilson kid, and from McClay’s comments yesterday team still values Heath quite a bit. Add in Illoka and I doubt Dallas looks at any safeties. 

I could be sold on either scenario you presented though. Mostly #2 as I believe Collins is going to come close to netting team a 3rd rd comp. Really hoping he has a monster year.

Read somewhere that Wilson drew some comparisons to Chancellor. 

• 2 weeks later...