> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

If I can guarantee getting one of those two, Option B for sure.
It's tough because Lamb is the WR I think is perhaps most worthy of the trade up.

But we have so many holes.
The extra 3rd lets you add another solid player or potentially allows you to jump back up using 53 and one of those 3rds for a falling second tier player.
Or you could use a future 2nd or 3rd like I did a page or two ago.

Don't get me wrong. I would love Ceedee or any of the top 3, but a trade up going to like 10 or 11 is gonna cost a pretty penny.

Like we've had 10 draft picks the past 2 draft classes combine. That is ridiculously low.

Should we be lowering our draft capiital so significantly with Wentz paid and letting some veterans go and having more positions current or future outlook looking murky like LB, S, CB, C, and probably DE too?

Yeah, maybe securing Lamb is the safer bet at receiver, but if we hit on Reagor like say the Titans and Seahawks did with Brown and Metcalf we could be looking at more upside even if Lamb is the better WR of the two cause of those other picks. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Decided to just watch some games of JJeff for the first time in a couple months.

Forgot how obvious his numbers being skewed are. There are so much earlier down dinks and dunks  (which are essentially like running plays like we’ve used since Andy). It’s the same reason Ertz’s numbers get inflated. High volume low risk passes against off coverage. When they played Auburn they mixed up the coverage and shut him down. His biggest play came off a blitzing DB cutting off the coverage man. Though Ertz is way more precise with his routes.

He just displays such little agility and ability to maintain speed in a lot of these routes. Like an NFL DB would be all over that as he ramps down and up. Like if Shady was “cut on a dime” for change of direction and acceleration. Jefferson sometimes looks like cut on a penny...but the penny is that giant one you see in the Batcave sometimes. So slow in and out of breaks.

He’s got some speed when he gets the ball in that schemed space. And yeah he can streak down the field, but it’s hard to say in the games I’ve watched that’s from any sort of superior route running. It’s just the coordinator putting in the work and the players executing on it. That’s the bulk of his receptions. Targeting the Shallow-mid soft spots in zones or quick plays to beat off man. 

It was one of his 3 worst games, so need to balance it out next tape I watch.

It’s just that when you watch him you really do see the slot receiver thing. It’s not some made up label that people get stuck on. That’s what he is. He can go to the outside but fast pro CBs will eat him alive on routes he has to change direction in. He just doesn’t seem to possess that burst to get away from coverage.

Solid reliable target sure, but not what we need with the TEs like most of us have said for months. I just wanted to check again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don't get me wrong. I would love Ceedee or any of the top 3, but a trade up going to like 10 or 11 is gonna cost a pretty penny.

Like we've had 10 draft picks the past 2 draft classes combine. That is ridiculously low.

Should we be lowering our draft capiital so significantly with Wentz paid and letting some veterans go and having more positions current or future outlook looking murky like LB, S, CB, C, and probably DE too?

Yeah, maybe securing Lamb is the safer bet at receiver, but if we hit on Reagor like say the Titans and Seahawks did with Brown and Metcalf we could be looking at more upside even if Lamb is the better WR of the two cause of those other picks. 

Yeah if we can get Reagor/Mims, a LB/DE at 53, another WR and a corner/safety(or LB if we went DE) in the 3rd we are setting ourselves up way better. One player isn’t going to fix this. 

Only way I see it making sense is if we are getting a severe discount. Like teams devalue these picks because of the lack of testing and/or value picks next year so they can try to stock up to make a run at the better QBs coming out. Like if we could get away with 21 + next years 2nd + Rasul to the Panthers (if they trade down), Jets or Raiders then I’d say it’s worth it to get a premier guy this year at WR. 

Im team trade back a couple. There are a couple WRs there who I’d be happy with as potentially CBs. And worse case scenario you are stuck take Kenneth Murray and actually have a good LB prospect for the first time in a long time.

Peter King mocked us taking Ruggs at 21. In the build up he did say people are more out of the loop than in previous years but still interesting to see him have ruggs fall to 21.

He has Justin Jefferson being picked before ruggs.

Edited by ninjapirate

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Which of these scenarios would you guys rather have?

Option A

Trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd (next year) and 4th round comp pick to move up to take Lamb

OR

Option B

Keep the 2nd, 3rd  and 4th round picks and trade down to recoup a 3rd rounder at least and take Reagor or Mims.

One of them has to be done IMO, but I'll take A.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Option A

Trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd (next year) and 4th round comp pick to move up to take Lamb

OR

Option B

Keep the 2nd, 3rd  and 4th round picks and trade down to recoup a 3rd rounder at least and take Reagor or Mims.

Option B with neither Reagor nor Mims as the target. DB or LB. Use the extra ammo to trade up in the 2nd for one of my WR targets. 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Option A

OR

Option B

B and it's not even close.

39 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Option B with neither Reagor nor Mims as the target. DB or LB. Use the extra ammo to trade up in the 2nd for one of my WR targets. 

LB would be like... plan D.

LB is the RB of the defense. Murray or Queen are both decent, but the positional value you're getting there is god awful.

Eh middle round picks to me dont mean much if you don't hit on them, (seriously eno was the least real hit, Maddox maybe? Even then the jury it's still out. I'd prefer one 1200 yard receiver over 2 who will get you 800 and another player who ends up cut. This team has been better drafting late than in those 4th and 5th round. 

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Peter King mocked us taking Ruggs at 21. In the build up he did say people are more out of the loop than in previous years but still interesting to see him have ruggs fall to 21.

He has Justin Jefferson being picked before ruggs.

I've heard this throughout numerous podcasts (I think DJ has mentioned it a couple times too) the past week or two. It seems like the consensus is that the mock drafts are way off and the draft is going to be full of surprises.