> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Can't imagine a scenario where college football doesn't happen. There's too much at stake for them to completely cancel the whole season. 

I don’t think so either, but it could be affected. Hard to imagine schools are going to reopen smoothly in August.

At the very least the uncertainty might get some guys to jump to the pros before anything is decided. Don’t remember that deadline.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t think so either, but it could be affected. Hard to imagine schools are going to reopen smoothly in August.

At the very least the uncertainty might get some guys to jump to the pros before anything is decided. Don’t remember that deadline.

Worst case scenario, I think all non conference play is canceled this year. Teams play 8-9 games in a condensed season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Worst case scenario, I think all non conference play is canceled this year. Teams play 8-9 games in a condensed season.

makes sense, similar to what some people think the NFL might do with out of conference games early in the schedule

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Our favorite receiver today is ruggs again apparently 

It's pretty obvious we're after Jeudy. We've had CeeDee and Ruggs floated out there numerous times. And the whole health concerns about Jeudy came from a reporter out of the Philly area.

Who haven’t we been leaked to at this point? Everyone knows we need a WR. 

Never understood the smokescreen thing. Everyone knows what a smokescreen is. Wouldn’t teams just assume then that we’ll target anyone we haven’t been linked to? It’s so much fan/media jargon. 

42 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Never understood the smokescreen thing. Everyone knows what a smokescreen is. Wouldn’t teams just assume then that we’ll target anyone we haven’t been linked to? It’s so much fan/media jargon. 

Jeudy. It's been Lamb, Mims, Ruggs, Reagor, Aiyuk, and Jefferson that we've been linked to.

Edited by Jeezla

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

the way I always thought of it is you just throw as much crap out there so that when you're on the clock or about to be you can get weaker GMs to panic.
Either to trade with you if they think another team is in talks or to move ahead of you for a guy you really had no interest in.

Like if you think critically now they all fall apart, but if you do it right teams won't really know what you are doing.

Phins up until this "Might trade up to 3 for an OT" thing have done a pretty good job smokescreening if they really want Tua.

Hearing Greg Cosell talk about Kenneth Murray pretty glowingly at least in regards to his downhill play made me feel better about him. He did note he almost always was playing forward and there was growth to be had as a coverage guy, but he was basically gushing about his sideline to sideline speed and ability to come attack the LOS.

Still don't want to make him the selection at 21, but if the Eagles really mess up and don't have anyone they want at 21 or think is good value and want to trade back and still are able to select Murray then sure I guess I'd be cool with that, but it would sting not getting a dynamic threat at WR.