> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Expecting much from a Rookie CB even in early rounds isn't very wise, especially given out system. The only way we have a Rookie starter at CB is if we trade up for Fulton, or MAYBE if we take CJ Henderson, and even then I wouldn't be sure he'll start right away.

I agree with everything here, I just don't see us going that route, considering we've made a move with our DB coach, not saying Jones/Douglas are going to become faster, and more twitchy. But their awareness/confidence may get a boost. 

Scenario A: younger FA stud or trade

Scenario B/C: Mills and/or an older veteran 

both scenarios the top 2 CBs in this draft will probably play, prospects after that they maybe a 3rd-5th CB until their 3rd year.   

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

From everything I listen to and read, I think we're gonna go after Byron Jones really hard. Caplan of ITB podcast said he'd be shocked if we didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Byron Jones and Jeff Gladney at 53 would be my literal ideal scenario for CB.

I doubt Gladney makes it to 53. And then which position are you waiting until later on. Safety or WR? After the 2nd round there is a significant drop off in WR talent. Really not many 3rd round guys in this draft, plenty of 4th and 5th round guys, but they aren't going to contribute this year at all most likely.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I doubt Gladney makes it to 53. And then which position are you waiting until later on. Safety or WR? After the 2nd round there is a significant drop off in WR talent. Really not many 3rd round guys in this draft, plenty of 4th and 5th round guys, but they aren't going to contribute this year at all most likely.

Well this is all assuming we take a WR at 21 as well as sign a Perriman level one in FA. Then I'd go safety at 85.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well this is all assuming we take a WR at 21 as well as sign a Perriman level one in FA. Then I'd go safety at 85.

Problem is, there's a massive dropoff in Safety talent after the likes of Ashtyn Davis and Kyle Dugger who are expected to go mid 2nd MAYBE early 3rd.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

Problem is, there's a massive dropoff in Safety talent after the likes of Ashtyn Davis and Kyle Dugger who are expected to go mid 2nd MAYBE early 3rd.

Yeah if we don't get McKinney / Delpit / Davis I'm good waiting a bit. Those are the starters we would need.
Dugger has an interesting profile and would be an ok pick on day 2. But those other 3 are better and do the stuff we'd need this year.
And none of those 3 will be there at our 2nd round pick.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if we don't get McKinney / Delpit / Davis I'm good waiting a bit. Those are the starters we would need.
Dugger has an interesting profile and would be an ok pick on day 2. But those other 3 are better and do the stuff we'd need this year.
And none of those 3 will be there at our 2nd round pick.

I hate to sound like a broken record but even at safety, Jenkins/McLeod have contract situations. How this roster shakes out is reliant on FA. Would Howie go into 2020 with a rookie and a cheap vet starting at both safety spots? Can he resign McLeod and decide on Jenkins until after the draft? Will he wait on both McLeod/Jenkins and see what draft board unveils? Possibly a trade?  

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but even at safety, Jenkins/McLeod have contract situations. How this roster shakes out is reliant on FA. Would Howie go into 2020 with a rookie and a cheap vet starting at both safety spots? Can he resign McLeod and decide on Jenkins until after the draft? Will he wait on both McLeod/Jenkins and see what draft board unveils? Possibly a trade?  

I didn't think about resigning McLeod and covering your bases like that...but I feel like he's one of the guys Howie was somewhat referencing when saying they can't hold onto guys forever and need to get younger.I think Jenk is back on a new deal. we sign a cheap vet. And hope for one of the safeties to be there for us in the draft. If we miss you have Maddox who can play safety, and there are always FA vets available.

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

From everything I listen to and read, I think we're gonna go after Byron Jones really hard. Caplan of ITB podcast said he'd be shocked if we didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Byron Jones and Jeff Gladney at 53 would be my literal ideal scenario for CB.

Samesies.

Sign Byron at CB. Sign Kwiatkoski at MLB. Sign Karl Joseph at S. Sign some average vet WR like Tajae Sharpe or Taylor Gabriel.

Draft Reagor, Gladney, Dugger, Gandy-Golden, Woodward, Onwenu, and James Morgan (Someone gotta back up Wentz), and then dominate the NFCE.

• Like 2