2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do people think D Line is going to be a high priority? Pettine is more comfortable with the LB who can play on the line more, we play with like two linemen a lot of the time and we really need just need a space eater type guy who can be found in the later portions of the draft. I don’t see it 

What is your opinion on what happened it the NFC Championship game ? How do you propose the Packers fix it ?

Edited by cannondale

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure. It should be.

Pettine may be comfortable with the LB who can play on the line in the pressure packages, but we also played 1100 snaps of Lowry/Lancaster and didn't get any production.

why would you want a space eater when you can try for a guy who actually is productive?

I don’t disagree at all. I’m a huge proponent of having strong D line, and  I enjoy watching them play. 

After seeing 1100 snaps by Lancaster and Lowry, I’m starting to think I’m wrong . Plus the fact that we have to give Clark some more rest. Hell, I hope I’m wrong . 

32 minutes ago, cannondale said:

What is your opinion on what happened it the NFC Championship game ? How do you propose the Packers fix it ?

That’s a much longer discussion and tbh I think of it to being closer to a black swan game where I don’t see the sky to be falling defensively . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s a much longer discussion and tbh I think of it to being closer to a black swan game where I don’t see the sky to be falling defensively . 

What about the other games during the season?

MIN, DEN, PHI, LAR, LAC, DET

Each of those games over 140 yards per game allowed 

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What about the other games during the season?

MIN, DEN, PHI, LAR, LAC, DET

Each of those games over 140 yards per game allowed 

Idt Kenny Clark was healthy the first half of the year. 

We missed a lot of tackles in the beginning of the year . 

Cook had one huge run that was half of his yards. Otherwise he ran 19 times for 79 yards. 

Denver the RBs ran 36 times for 144 yards .

We had bad games there and good games . 

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think that fans that want a shiny new WR in the first round would agree with you

22 hours ago, cannondale said:

We didn’t have a punch on either offense or defense when the game mattered. 

I get the D did not play well but sometimes the best D is scoring points and changing gameflow

Madubuike vs Alabama is one of the uglier tapes I've seen. Luckily he's had some other ones that are decent I've seen. Think he's a classic case of helium due to a weaker DL class. Definitely not a 1st round grade to me. Gallimore and Blacklock are better (though I don't love either).

Man we really need to sign a damn DL. Damnit Gute.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 7:28 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

Idt Kenny Clark was healthy the first half of the year. 

We missed a lot of tackles in the beginning of the year . 

Cook had one huge run that was half of his yards. Otherwise he ran 19 times for 79 yards. 

Denver the RBs ran 36 times for 144 yards .

We had bad games there and good games . 

The long run by Cook was on Savage. Flat footed AND a terrible angle. A play he makes year 2.