2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

So you're saying all those guys are really interchangeable to a degree ?  I wanted a legit 5 but doesn't look like that's gonna happen

For sure, that's one of the reasons we're not going to draft one of the shorter guys. It's not like you can avoid playing Lowry at the 3 and the 5 just based on offensive shifts and alignment. Lancaster played a little bit of everything, Clark bounces back and forth between the 0, 1, and 3 with some frequency. 

What do you mean by "legit 5". It's not like Blacklock is Mike Daniels? He'll be able to play a bit of everything. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For sure, that's one of the reasons we're not going to draft one of the shorter guys. It's not like you can avoid playing Lowry at the 3 and the 5 just based on offensive shifts and alignment. Lancaster played a little bit of everything, Clark bounces back and forth between the 0, 1, and 3 with some frequency. 

What do you mean by "legit 5". It's not like Blacklock is Mike Daniels? He'll be able to play a bit of everything. 

I've wanted the 6'-5" guys since forever

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm just trying to figure this out. PFR has EPD for all plays they each touched the ball. In the passing game:

Jones has 68 targets. Williams had 45 targets.

Jones has 15 plays with an EPD of 1 or more. Williams has 14.

Jones has 17 plays with an EPD between 1 and 0. Williams has 13

Jones has 29 plays with an EDP between 0 and -1. Williams has 15.

Jones has 7 plays with an EDP worse than -1. Williams has 3.

How the hell is Williams so much worse in the passing game? Unless this is some unreal noise happening or there's something going on with the packages that's making this an issue? Williams did better as a receiver if you just believe this?

Jones had 236 rushes. Williams had 107 rushes.

Jones has 27 plays with an EDP of 1 or more. Williams has 11

Jones has 85 plays with an EDP between 1 and 0. Williams has 37.

Jones had 109 plays with an EDP between 0 and -1. Williams had 55.

Jones had 15 plays with an EDP worse than -1.Williams had 4.

This data isn't tracking???

Without looking it up myself, my first instinct is that the original quote was factoring all plays they were on the field, not just touching the ball.

i.e. offense outside of Jones also did better on plays he was in the field. Perhaps because he drew attention from others or we used our better plays for packages with Jones?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah I've got literally zero feel for this year. About 10 ways to go with it. Which leads me to think it's going to be best available big.

Fatty, skinny, fatty is my guess, but I'm starting to wonder if a legit fatty will be there. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Without looking it up myself, my first instinct is that the original quote was factoring all plays they were on the field, not just touching the ball.

i.e. offense outside of Jones also did better on plays he was in the field. Perhaps because he drew attention from others or we used our better plays for packages with Jones?

That's the assumption I'm making also.

I just question the validity of the conclusion at that point.

Jones was on the field for 3 of 4 picks including both of the redzone picks. I haven't checked sacks or lost fumbles yet. Maybe that's it? Maybe long TD passes?