2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Drafttek's most recent mock has us trading 30 and 94 to Miami for 26 and taking...

The most likely TRADE UP I could find (and I don't like trade-ups in round one) was with New England (who have 13 picks).
Packers give up their 1st and 2nd round picks (#30 and #62)
New England give up their #23 and the first of their three 3rd rounders (#87).

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why was handing out cash to the LSU guys stupid? The NCAA is a joke and it should be treated like such. 

You already made the point. Clearly there isn't a "no diva" policy on this team. If Rodgers can't work with this roster plus OBJ, continuing on this track is stupid and it's time to blow it up and rebuild. 

1. He made it about him instead of the kids on the team. Had to bring the attention to himself.

2. The NCAA is a joke but what he did could have jeopardized the eligibility of the kids he was handing the cash too. 

Now you may not like the NCAA or it's policies, I don't care. IF you can't see what he did was put kids in harms way. 

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd rather give 30 to LAC for 37, Desmond King and change. Let LAC move up and take Love, we get one of the best slot CBs in football for sliding back a few spots.

You can do both. I don't think the Chargers are overly eager to move on from home though

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Drafttek's most recent mock has us trading 30 and 94 to Miami for 26 and taking....

Xavier McKinney. Really not sure why we'd trade up for a safety again. Wouldn't you'd think we'd just sit tight at 30 and take Grant Delpit who goes 38th in this scenario? Or Dugger for that matter?

Doubt that happens.  We haven't traded up with our first round pick involving draft picks since 1998.

19 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The most likely TRADE UP I could find (and I don't like trade-ups in round one) was with New England (who have 13 picks).
Packers give up their 1st and 2nd round picks (#30 and #62)
New England give up their #23 and the first of their three 3rd rounders (#87).

Why would the Packers trade up?

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

1. He made it about him instead of the kids on the team. Had to bring the attention to himself.

2. The NCAA is a joke but what he did could have jeopardized the eligibility of the kids he was handing the cash too. 

Now you may not like the NCAA or it's policies, I don't care. IF you can't see what he did was put kids in harms way. 

1. How did he make it about him? I don't remember him calling a press conference?

2. Let the players turn down the cash if they're worried about eligibility. Was he handing it to anybody not leaving the program?

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would the Packers trade up?

Don't get the idea I endorse that (I thought i'd already made it clear I don't). I'm just pointing out a scenario that is somewhat balanced in the J.J. chart point value. In fact, it would be interesting to see what the relative value is of all trades this year. I suspect that many teams create a one off value chart geared purely to this draft.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Don't get the idea I endorse that (I thought i'd already made it clear I don't). I'm just pointing out a scenario that is somewhat balanced in the J.J. chart point value. In fact, it would be interesting to see what the relative value of trades is this year. I suspect that many teams create a bespoke value chart geared purely to this draft.

I'm just merely saying who would need to be available in order to be willing to trade up?  Right now, unless one of the top OTs or CeeDee/Jeudy are available, I'm not trading up.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. How did he make it about him? I don't remember him calling a press conference?

2. Let the players turn down the cash if they're worried about eligibility. Was he handing it to anybody not leaving the program?

By handing out cash that is making it about yourself. At the time he was handing out cash those kids still had eligibility left. Jefferson, who left early wound up donating the cash he gave him. It became an issue and was a stupid thing to do. If we wanted to give those kids some cash, on the field is not the smartest place to do it. 

• Like 1

I see some value in terms of options available in the 2nd round for Dline players with the likes of Davidson, Madubuike, Davis, Gallimorem Lynch and Elliot. For those you kind of know more which of these guys you feel fits best? 

15 hours ago, deathstar said:

Why’s that?

Feel like he's going to get overdrafted.  He's not particularly stout, and he's not a great interior pass rusher.  And I'm not a huge fan of fatties with motor concerns.  The skillset is there, but the motivation is a question mark.  Is he Adams or is he Liuget?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I see some value in terms of options available in the 2nd round for Dline players with the likes of Davidson, Madubuike, Davis, Gallimorem Lynch and Elliot. For those you kind of know more which of these guys you feel fits best? 

Not a fan of Davidson or Madubuike.  Davis is a two-down DL.  Don't have any real value in that.  Gallimore is probably the "best" of those bunch, but a ton of inherent risk.  Like Lynch, but the lack of length is alarming.  IF there's a guy to outproduce his athletic profile, it's him.  Elliot might be the best value of the DL.

13 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Personally I'd go Davis and hope he can turn into a 3-4 sack guy . Then Mad. Elliotts combine didn't really match what I thought he was. and all the incomplete numbers there. really wish we had some pro days. Gallimore at a stretch.