2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm no expert, but at 6'-4" 230, he's gonna get killed in the box

A lot of guys are playing in around that weight Fred Warner, 6'3 236. Burks is 6'3 235. 

His versatility is what I really like. He's like s swiss army knife and does everything really well too. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Golfman said:

A lot of guys are playing in around that weight Fred Warner, 6'3 236. Burks is 6'3 235. 

His versatility is what I really like. He's like s swiss army knife and does everything really well too. 

Sad that Fred Warner was a popular name here leading up to the draft

Edited by JBURGE

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Since we officially pick no earlier than 25th overall, all positions (except for IOL because LOL) are an option.  TE, WR, ILB all became valid options.

Yup. WR could be a strong option to move down to the early 2nd considering the amount of them this year. Hopefully we don't have 5 going in the 1st.

Would love to see a 1/2 round WR to be able to play a healthy amount of snaps year 1, then another 5th round Trevor Davis gadget type. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, Victor1124 said:

Thoughts on Javon Kinlaw if he somehow makes it to our first round pick? I like his length, burst off the line, and strength. Would like to see more TFL's on the stat sheet though. 

Probably not making it that far.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yup. WR could be a strong option to move down to the early 2nd considering the amount of them this year. Hopefully we don't have 5 going in the 1st.

Would love to see a 1/2 round WR to be able to play a healthy amount of snaps year 1, then another 5th round Trevor Davis gadget type. 

Looking prematurely at the rankings, seems like a solid year to trade down out of the late first and into the early 2nd.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

will mekhi becton make it to the 60's?

I think he drops to the 70's maybe the 80's. Everyone keeps forgetting that OL tend to slip unless they're a can't miss prospect like Quinton Nelson.

45 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If we get to the NFCC and lose, I'd be all for trading down into the early 2nd if we don't like who's sitting at 29 or 30; especially if we're keen on going OT with our first pick. I think at least 5 WR's go in the first though and we'll probably have to trade up from our current pick in the 2nd so trading down to trade up a bit later will probably need to happen so we have the capital to move up without submarining the rest of our draft. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If I got to choose which position we draft in the first this year the rankings would be:

IDL, CB, OT, ILB, TE, WR, RB, QB.  

Move ILB and WR up a couple spots and I'm there with you. We may even need to trade up in the 1st to get that IDL if that's the route we were to go.

Edited by Joe

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If I got to choose which position we draft in the first this year the rankings would be:

This surprises me. I would have expected ILB to be behind TE and WR. 

I haven't looked at any linebackers other than Isaiah Simmons and he'll be long gone. Dunno what else could be good value in the late 20s. If I'm spending a 1st on an ILB, that floor better be high. 

With how the WR contracts are starting to look for top guys, that 5th year option might be great before the CBA changes

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

guessing he's too big / too high cut?

his playing weight seems to fluctuate between 320 and 370 lol

I'm not a huge fan of OL who have weight issues.  He's listed at 369 on the Louisville website, but he reportedly was lower than that this year.  It just seems like a recipe for a player to eat themselves out of the league.  I think we've largely drafted our OL in that 305-315 range.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Assuming this is by round and not by need I'm going: DL, Swing G/T, WR, ILB, QB, EDGE, RB.

To me, as Rodgers ages getting a dominant OL becomes more and more important - both to take the pressure off him with the run and also to help with reduced mobility. I'm not as sanguine on Bulaga playing much longer so I want go get his replacement in the ranks sooner rather than later, while adding depth to G if needed.

• Like 1