2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

CBs never line up deep middle.

He's a dime db. They play aspects of both. But Safeties line up on WRs frequently, CBs don't play deep middle

How weird the official Packer website lists him as a CB? NOT a dime DB? Somehow, I'm sure you'll suggest you are right though! smh

39 CB 5-11 189 23 2 Georgia State
Edited by Golfman

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

KJ Hamler declared. Small, but electric and fast, a type of player we haven't had here in awhile. Not sure we're interested in that build though.

I can't think of the last WR that the Packers have had that small. He was pretty average the last few games this year.

1 hour ago, Tperk said:

Living in Minneapolis, I've gotten to watch quite a few of his games. Pretty solid WR, not a blazer, great hands. 

Yeah, he's a mid-round guy no? He really struggled in the first half getting off press coverage. If he can't get off it in college, he's going to really struggle in the NFL. He's intriguing though in round 4-5. 

42 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, he's a mid-round guy no? He really struggled in the first half getting off press coverage. If he can't get off it in college, he's going to really struggle in the NFL. He's intriguing though in round 4-5. 

Most sites I've seen have him as a round 2 guy (with some late 1 buzz and some third buzz).  Not enough speed to go 1, but runs good routes, has hand, played some QB before and understands coverage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Most sites I've seen have him as a round 2 guy (with some late 1 buzz and some third buzz).  Not enough speed to go 1, but runs good routes, has hand, played some QB before and understands coverage. 

I think it will come down to how he tests. It won't get any easier playing against NFL guys. If he's a high 4.6 guys with average quickness, he's going to be 3 or later IMO, but we will see. 

I do like the kid though and get year for the Gophers! 

21 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

That seems about right. I would bet late 2nd, early 3rd round. Probably be drafted between 55-75.

Not to be a homer but Quintez Cephus would be worth a late round flyer on.  Thought maybe he'd be a mid rounder looked him up rated 236.  Strong hands and has a knack  for getting open.  Really like his hands and plays strong.  Use that 6th we got from Oak for Davis on him.  

• Like 1