2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Justin Herbert looking forward to watching him against Leonard's D.  Epic fail.  Wonder how that will affect his draft stock.  The guy has done nothing today.  Taylor is just a beast.  

He's got arm talent, and is got sneaky good athletic ability, but I don't see first round QB.

Wisconsin is keeps shooting themselves in the foot.  

Edited by Golfman

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He's got arm talent, and is got sneaky good athletic ability, but I don't see first round QB.

Wisconsin is keeps shooting themselves in the foot.  

Yah agree.  He looks like he'll need a lot of development.  Some mocks had him going in the top 10.  

Just now, Scoremore said:

Yah agree.  He looks like he'll need a lot of development.  Some mocks had him going in the top 10.  

He is a QB, so it could happen! 

BTW, that should not have been a penalty on Wisconsin. The kid was blocked in the back into the QB in the end zone. Terrible call!

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Randall Cobb was the last one that was smaller than most.

I wonder if the "no small WRs" was more of a McCarthy thing or more of a front office thing.  Moreover, Gute has gone against some of his predecessor's tendencies (e.g. Jaire).

But speaking of Cobb, give me Lynn Bowden Jr. on day 3.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if the "no small WRs" was more of a McCarthy thing or more of a front office thing.  Moreover, Gute has gone against some of his predecessor's tendencies (e.g. Jaire).

But speaking of Cobb, give me Lynn Bowden Jr. on day 3.

I honestly don't think so.  Outside of Ryan Grant, Davante Adams is the shortest WR on the roster.  I think you're looking at a 6'1"-6'3", 205-215 WR build.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I honestly don't think so.  Outside of Ryan Grant, Davante Adams is the shortest WR on the roster.  I think you're looking at a 6'1"-6'3", 205-215 WR build.

As much as they've gotten Ervin involved in his short amount of time you gotta think theres a little wiggle room on that though. I'd agree overall. 

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Can't think of anything dumber than having a height/weight cutoff for WRs in the draft. Just draft good football players. Deebo Samuel is 5'11 and may end up being one of the best WRs in last year's class, but we might not look at a guy like that because he's 2 inches too short... Lol. 

• Like 1

First of all, the refs were going to give Oregon the calls all day, y'all should know that by now. That's how the NCAA works so when you're a Wisconsin or a Baylor or someone like that, you have to hit your marks as cleanly as possible and hope your opponent messes up the way Oregon did in the 3rd quarter in particular.

Anyone keep an eye on Throckmorton in that game? He did some nice things at RT and could easily be our 2nd or 3rd round pick. I also had an eye on Loudermilk. Needs a little coaching, but could be a Day 3 or UDFA gem.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

First of all, the refs were going to give Oregon the calls all day, y'all should know that by now. That's how the NCAA works so when you're a Wisconsin or a Baylor or someone like that, you have to hit your marks as cleanly as possible and hope your opponent messes up the way Oregon did in the 3rd quarter in particular.

Anyone keep an eye on Throckmorton in that game? He did some nice things at RT and could easily be our 2nd or 3rd round pick. I also had an eye on Loudermilk. Needs a little coaching, but could be a Day 3 or UDFA gem.

The refs weren't the issue.  The four turnovers for Bucky were the difference in the game.

Taylor is a good back, but he needs to work on the ball security issue to get ready for the NFL.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Was thinking the Pack might draft a QB if one falls.  Guess I'll check out Fromm see what he looks like.  A couple of bad calls in the WI game.  PI call that ended our last drive was crap too. 

Fromm is sneaky one of the most talented QBs in this draft. 

22 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Fromm is sneaky one of the most talented QBs in this draft. 

Fromm might be the least talented QB in this draft.  At least physically.

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Eason, Love...all much more physically talented as Fromm.  Fromm's strengths come from intelligence and reading the defense(which he hasn't been as great at this year).  One of Fromm's biggest problems is that he doesn't have the arm strength to make plays down the field in the NFL.  

• Like 2