2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'm fully on board with getting a good DL in free agency.  Very wise move.

If you look at the roster, WR is certainly in need of an upgrade.  I'd probably grab one in FA, mid tier, and hope they pan out, while drafting one with one of our top two picks.

I'm not a huge fan of WR in round one, but if one is there, end of round one isn't the worst place to take a guy.

And I very much like the idea of trading back to round two and selecting one.

But man, you gotta look at the premiums first.  Corner is always a premium and you can't have enough of them.  Add in the uncertainty of King (injury and contract) and you need to look at the future there.  Corner should be a higher pick.

I fully agree.   I was in the pick a DL at 12 or the NO pick last year.

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

As late as we will be drafting only thing you can do is take the guy who falls.  If similar rated players trade back.  Should be fun to watch him work the board this year.  

agree.   will be much different than the first 2 drafts and having the 14th and 12th pick.  Will be a better "test" of how he will proceed though the draft being 25th or worse.  Not only later in the first, but later in each round.  

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

agree.   will be much different than the first 2 drafts and having the 14th and 12th pick.  Will be a better "test" of how he will proceed though the draft being 25th or worse.  Not only later in the first, but later in each round.  

Tbh though this didn’t really seem like TT’s MO all the times he picked in the late 20s so it’ll be interesting to see just how far off that tree Gute is. Never did this hurt more than when he took Randall over Malcolm Brown, that one drove me nuts. 

10 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Tbh though this didn’t really seem like TT’s MO all the times he picked in the late 20s so it’ll be interesting to see just how far off that tree Gute is. Never did this hurt more than when he took Randall over Malcolm Brown, that one drove me nuts. 

Randall was not a bad pick or player as a safety.   

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which is what safeties often do.

Yeah, CB (his listed position) never do this! smh 

I guess the term 'slot CB' now needs to be changed to 'slot S' do you can continue to be right! LOL

Edited by Golfman

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

CBs never line up deep middle

i have not seen him do that. I will not dispute that he may have done that, but that hardly MAKES my original point (yes, being a smart *** when i made it) less correct. Which is Vegas forgot to mention Sullivan when he was listing off CB's for next year. 

I get it, you like to be a know it all and always correct, even when you are not. One day, when you grow up, you'll understand it's OK to admit you are wrong once in a while. It is actually an endearing trait in humans! 

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Eh, whatever. Take a shot on another guy in the mid rounds and fill the need with a vet in FA. 

And that's probably the route the Packers should take.  But the question I'd ask is there a veteran out there that's an upgrade over Blake Martinez in comparison to cost?