2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

It depends on what you think of Joe Burrow. I’m a believer so I say absolutely not for 2 reasons;

-QB is a potential 15-20 year investment if you hit. You take your guy if he’s there and don’t nickel and dime. Also  not sure Tua makes it that long.

-19 and 25 historically you aren’t getting blue chippers, more just solid to good which isn’t worth a qb downgrade. Using 15-17 for example

2017- oj Howard and Jabril Peppers

2016- Shaw Lawson and A Burns

2015- Cam Erving and Shaq Thompson

This.

If you think Burrow is your guy you take him and don't look back without fielding any calls. You could spend 20 years looking for a franchise QB and feel extremely stupid if Burrow becomes a star.  Winning games is infinitely more important than who won the trade discussions. 

If you aren't confident in Burrow then fine do the trade.

Whether Tua is there later is utterly irrelevant. If you think Burrow is your guy then you pick him, its hard enough to nail a QB choice without compromising by skipping your first choice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Make the trade. They'll suck enough again next year to land Lawrence even with the additional picks

Can’t bank on being number 1. Cinci lost 8 one possession games this year. With a little injury luck (and not going with a 3rd string qb), they’d not be the worst team in football 

Thoughts on Javon Kinlaw if he somehow makes it to our first round pick? I like his length, burst off the line, and strength. Would like to see more TFL's on the stat sheet though. 

Anyone with thoughts on Jordan Elliot from Mizzou?

Any other late first round DL prospects I should have on my radar?

Edited by Victor1124

10 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

Thoughts on Javon Kinlaw if he somehow makes it to our first round pick? I like his length, burst off the line, and strength. Would like to see more TFL's on the stat sheet though. 

Anyone with thoughts on Jordan Elliot from Mizzou?

Any other late first round DL prospects I should have on my radar?

really like kinlaw, noticed him last year looking at someone else.  Might not last until later 1st

Have not looked up much for prospects as of yet.  

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

What do people think of Zach Baun? I feel he could be a better version of Joe Shoebert. Has quick change of direction and could be dangerous blitzing up the middle. Think he’ll be too small for a 3-4 OLB but great inside. Showed good coverage skills this year too. 

He might go round 2/3.   Just not sure GB can use that pick there with other needs.  I would like to bring back Fackrell on a modest deal and work him in at ILB/off ball LB

13 hours ago, Golfman said:

Isaiah Simmons sure would look great in Green and Gold! Very likely no chance we get a shot at him, but that kid has a skill set where you could move him around in several positions. He would complete this defense! 

I wanted him after watching 20 minutes of a Clemson game last year. If he has really climbed into the First Round, I'm not sure he's worth that. Especially if he's still at 230 lbs

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He might go round 2/3.   Just not sure GB can use that pick there with other needs.  I would like to bring back Fackrell on a modest deal and work him in at ILB/off ball LB

If Fackrell hasn’t moved to ILB yet, it ain’t happening imo. ILb is a need and Baun has a lot of versatility. Could play Facks spot as a rotational guy and also play next to Blake. Better in coverage than Blake too. 
I agree I’m projecting him there, it’s just that he plays off the ball more than most OLB’s at Wisconsin. Game reminds me of Shoebert and he’s bigger and seems faster. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

Just now, cannondale said:

I wanted him after watching 20 minutes of a Clemson game last year. If he has really climbed into the First Round, I'm not sure he's worth that. Especially if he's still at 230 lbs

He can play in the box as a linebacker. Cover TE's as a linebacker. You can put him at either free safety or strong safety and he can blitz effectively. He should go in top half of round 1 tbh. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

If Fackrell hasn’t moved to ILB yet, it ain’t happening imo. ILb is a need and Baun has a lot of versatility. Could play Facks spot as a rotational guy and also play next to Blake. Better in coverage than Blake too. 

I like Baun  a good deal in the 3rd ish.   Depends on his combine and if he tests well, he very well will move up.

• Like 1

Just now, Golfman said:

He can play in the box as a linebacker. Cover TE's as a linebacker. You can put him at either free safety or strong safety and he can blitz effectively. He should go in top half of round 1 tbh. 

I'm no expert, but at 6'-4" 230, he's gonna get killed in the box