Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I thought the Royal Rumble as a whole was a great show. Women's match fell a little for me towards the end but I enjoyed it. Really liked DB/Fiend. Men's rumble was likely my favorite of all time. I really thought it was an interesting/different idea to have Lesnar dominate the way he did. I don't care about people looking like fools in that regard because what it did for Keith Lee and Drew Galloway was much more than it would have done for Cesaro big swinging someone. 

Haven't watched WWE in a few months but McIntyre looks great. The countdown is great. Pulling the trigger on him at the right time, imo, like they missed with Braun. 

Had a feeling we'd see Edge vs Orton after the RR but am disappointed that's where they're going. Edge vs someone new would be awesome. Apparently Edge had brief conversations with AEW which would have really out of this world type of signing... and as someone who generally missed most of Edge's main event run, I thought he looked great. Dude looks like Geralt out there. If I were still out of the loop like I was a few years ago, hearing about Edge returning for WM season would get me watching again. 

Got to give it to em. Rumble and raw both performed very well in my eyes.  Fun rumble. (side note, I think Brock has already had more in ring action in 2020 than 2019).  Think right people won each match.  I get the bazler thing but I think they'd want her on smackdown with their two biggest draws already on raw so it's not the time to pull the bazzler Becky match.  Only major gripe was they built up this Lana Liv thing for like a five minute match with a clean end.  Woof 

12 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I get the bazler thing but I think they'd want her on smackdown with their two biggest draws already on raw so it's not the time to pull the bazzler Becky match.  Only major gripe was they built up this Lana Liv thing for like a five minute match with a clean end.  Woof 

I dont see Baszler interfering with anything Lana or Liv does. Or how she could be tossed in with them over the nondrawing workers like Charlotte Asuka and Becky.

**Liv Lana match currently 3x more viewed on Youtube alone than Charlottes match with the gap growing.

Mandy clips dominated all viewership for the Rumble. Baszler should be brought up on Smackdown working a program with her for the most exposure to building a name.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see Baszler interfering with anything Lana or Liv does. Or how she could be tossed in with them over the nondrawing workers like Charlotte Asuka and Becky.

**Liv Lana match currently 3x more viewed on Youtube alone than Charlottes match with the gap growing.

Mandy clips dominated all viewership for the Rumble. Baszler should be brought up on Smackdown working a program with her for the most exposure to building a name.

Two biggest stars I meant Becky and Charlotte.  YouTube views are nice and all but you need better wrestlers to drive regular ratings and keep the internet community friendly.  They probably will start bazzler with natty, let the technical side shine through before going with more a personality like Mandy (heel vs heel) 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Rumor mill says Bazler/Becky at Mania

I think we'll get more clarity tonight.  If it weren't ultimately for Vince, I could see Charlotte/Rhea or Charlotte/Baszler (though that would require Shayna to win the Smackdown Women's title between now and at least 3 weeks out of Mania... but the weird thing is, it's doable because they're going to have a Smackdown show to fill ahead of Saudi where, at most, we'd get 1 women's match - but that does leave more room for women's storylines/matches on that SD.  Really may depend on what the status of Sasha's injury is - she should be back by Mania, but she's the only marketable matchup for Bayley that wouldn't see the SDWC relegated to the pre-show.

Other predictions I'm willing to throw out there:

Ciampa (c) vs Balor is going to happen Mania weekend; it's possible the two pull double-duty and we see that match put onto the Mania main card.

We get another multi-man ladder match at Mania, this time for the US Title.  Andrade failed a drug test and got an injury-angle instead of losing the title, so this reads to me that they want him invovled (either as defending champion or as a challenger) for the belt at Mania.  You've got guys on RAW who are flatly better served in a multi-man ladder match at Mania (which always go over well) than as part of the Andre BR: Ricochet, Aleister Black, possibly KO, Rey, arguably Rusev, and I wouldn't rule out an NXT call-up of someone straight into the match (Cole and the UE are likely going to be shedding their titles over the next couple months and coming up, this could make a stellar debut for Cole).

They're finally (not that we asked, but Vince has been wanting to do this forever) going to give us DB vs Sheamus.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think we'll get more clarity tonight.  If it weren't ultimately for Vince, I could see Charlotte/Rhea or Charlotte/Baszler (though that would require Shayna to win the Smackdown Women's title between now and at least 3 weeks out of Mania... but the weird thing is, it's doable because they're going to have a Smackdown show to fill ahead of Saudi where, at most, we'd get 1 women's match - but that does leave more room for women's storylines/matches on that SD.  Really may depend on what the status of Sasha's injury is - she should be back by Mania, but she's the only marketable matchup for Bayley that wouldn't see the SDWC relegated to the pre-show.

They have Ronda on Graves' podcast. The marketing for it is she is talking about Bazler, why do that if no Mania push?

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Two biggest stars I meant Becky and Charlotte.  YouTube views are nice and all but you need better wrestlers to drive regular ratings and keep the internet community friendly.  They probably will start bazzler with natty, let the technical side shine through before going with more a personality like Mandy (heel vs heel) 

I disagree. You need better heel wrestlers to fuel hotties to interest viewers. Not that Molly and Ivory wernt hot. But they along with Luna, Jackie and all wernt presented as such and used as means to carry the ratings grabbers in Torrie, Stacy and such. Its a proven formula that even Disney has used since their beginning with Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and the rest.

WWE has gotten away from that and the mass majority doesnt care a lick about the womens product anymore. They sacrifice viewers and the ability to draw casuals or new to appease the small numbered diehard type fan.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I disagree. You need better heel wrestlers to fuel hotties to interest viewers. Not that Molly and Ivory wernt hot. But they along with Luna, Jackie and all wernt presented as such and used as means to carry the ratings grabbers in Torrie, Stacy and such. Its a proven formula that even Disney has used since their beginning with Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and the rest.

WWE has gotten away from that and the mass majority doesnt care a lick about the womens product anymore. They sacrifice viewers and the ability to draw casuals or new to appease the small numbered diehard type fan.

If you're expecting a women's division booked and headed by the self-anointed SJW Kenny Omega to drive their product around objectifying women for the benefit of sex-starved shlubs to live out their fantasy about girls they'll never pull because they lack the follow-through to put in the time in the gym and business world, you're going to be waiting well past your expiration date.

Kenny's solution sounds like it's going to be to go intergender - at which point they might as well just concede to being a pro wrestling parody organization if they're having guys built even like Jericho or Page, let alone Luchasaurus and Hager, selling to women the size of Riho and Brandy.  I'm not saying there isn't a place for intergender confrontations or even matches - but they should be used extremely sparingly and only using female talent that actually look like they could stand with male talent (e.g. Tessa, argument could be made for Jordynne Grace, Havok, Kong, Meiko Satomura).

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They have Ronda on Graves' podcast. The marketing for it is she is talking about Bazler, why do that if no Mania push?

Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely sold on Shayna having some part in Mania, I just don't think it's set in stone that she's being booked against Becky.  There are clear dots that can be connected storyline wise, but we should know by now, particularly when it comes to Mania, to not be surprised when Vince makes moves away from what is necessarily logical in favor of what's "safe" in terms of marketability.

As a separate example, I wouldn't like it, I don't think it makes sense for what his company needs, but... would it surprise me if Vince has Brock go over McIntyre at Mania because Brock is the safe draw (and it's not like Vince hasn't put Brock over at Mania A TON in the past)?  No.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely sold on Shayna having some part in Mania, I just don't think it's set in stone that she's being booked against Becky.  There are clear dots that can be connected storyline wise, but we should know by now, particularly when it comes to Mania, to not be surprised when Vince makes moves away from what is necessarily logical in favor of what's "safe" in terms of marketability.

As a separate example, I wouldn't like it, I don't think it makes sense for what his company needs, but... would it surprise me if Vince has Brock go over McIntyre at Mania because Brock is the safe draw (and it's not like Vince hasn't put Brock over at Mania A TON in the past)?  No.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

In some ways I think he is trying to turn Lesnar into the new Undertaker of sorts. Same recipe, different flavor. Undertaker for years was that big draw for Mania, the guarantee butts in seats guy. He thinks Lesnar is that name guy that will bring old and new fans to the table for the big show. Except he is too greedy and uses him during the year to draw, but in effect he is turning the diehards against him. However, it changes nothing. He still brings the old and casual fans to the table and the diehards watch to see him lose. 

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

If you're expecting a women's division booked and headed by the self-anointed SJW Kenny Omega to drive their product around objectifying women for the benefit of sex-starved shlubs to live out their fantasy about girls they'll never pull because they lack the follow-through to put in the time in the gym and business world, you're going to be waiting well past your expiration date.

Kenny's solution sounds like it's going to be to go intergender - at which point they might as well just concede to being a pro wrestling parody organization if they're having guys built even like Jericho or Page, let alone Luchasaurus and Hager, selling to women the size of Riho and Brandy.  I'm not saying there isn't a place for intergender confrontations or even matches - but they should be used extremely sparingly and only using female talent that actually look like they could stand with male talent (e.g. Tessa, argument could be made for Jordynne Grace, Havok, Kong, Meiko Satomura).

Ive lost all faith in Omega since out from under control of NJPW. He has 0 sense of the business in trying to run things on his own. Ive never seen a career fall off a cliff so badly. What hes trying to do with the womens division in AEW is worse than WWE pushing Fuglies for Snowflake and agenda sake.