Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

lmao coming from the guy who doesn't like the product because apparently the nasty boys aren't being pushed anymore. alright bud, join us whenever you'd like! 

Just let me know when they quit the flippity doo choreographed gymnastic routines and start actual wrestling matches. Be glad to join. LMAO

Like. Lets have a spot of tea over a FTR or Kingston match. LMAO

Or maybe a Jungle Jack or MJF match. LMAO

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just let me know when they quit the flippity doo choreographed gymnastic routines and start actual wrestling matches. Be glad to join. LMAO

Like. Lets have a spot of tea over a FTR or Kingston match. LMAO

Or maybe a Jungle Jack or MJF match. LMAO

"jungle jack" just to prove that you don't think much of calling him a BOY

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

"jungle jack" just to prove that you don't think much of calling him a BOY

Go back in the thread. I said something like he and MJF put on the best match AEW ever had at the time.

To bad he isnt blessed with the same fortune the likes of Kidman, Eddie, Rey, Juvi, Jericho and Dean were. Where theres some kind of title for a young up-and-coming star to cut his teeth on.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Go back in the thread. I said something like he and MJF put on the best match AEW ever had at the time.

To bad he isnt blessed with the same fortune the likes of Kidman, Eddie, Rey, Juvi, Jericho and Dean were. Where theres some kind of title for a young up-and-coming star to cut his teeth on.

yeah those guys loved being called cruiserweights and never being taken seriously, thank god JUNGLE JACK (not jungle boy, that's juvenile) has never been in a big match and isn't dripping potential from his pores. 

I call him JUNGLE JACK because that's what JR does!

16 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah those guys loved being called cruiserweights and never being taken seriously, thank god JUNGLE JACK (not jungle boy, that's juvenile) has never been in a big match and isn't dripping potential from his pores. 

I call him JUNGLE JACK because that's what JR does!

Never taken seriously? Everyone knows that Cruiser Division in the 90s for WCW was the greatest. That division BUILT those names, gave those names air time to become household names. Without that Division Rey and Eddie would have never been heard of in America.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Never taken seriously? Everyone knows that Cruiser Division in the 90s for WCW was the greatest. That division BUILT those names, gave those names air time to become household names. Without that Division Rey and Eddie would have never been heard of in America.

and they all hated it

On 12/10/2020 at 6:06 AM, Deadpulse said:

Wrestling isnt as popular for a variety of reason

1. it went out in terms of public opinion. It happens. Disco, belbottoms, Westerns, etc. 

2. Kayfabe died. For many that was the end. 

3. The wrestling community has a stigma now. The notion is people should be embarrassed to like wrestling. Hard for kids in middle school and high school to enjoy something that everyone around them would make fun of them for. 

4. Wrestling became a monopoly and the product suffered greatly. 

Thank you. Maybe some people think about it. We're not going to get those numbers back no matter what you're doing.

I liked the show. It wasn't perfect. The Shaq segment was weak, but Brandi tried to save it. The Kenny segment was ok, but it could have been better if they wouldn't have jut repeated some stuff from Impact, but just showed us these parts of their interview in Impact. Otherwise i liked the Sting and Inner Circle segments. I loved the little stuff that was going in the show. The matches were up and down as well. I think the opener and the main event was solid. FTR vs. Varsity Blondes as well. Everything else either to short or to chaotic.

The rating of the show was impressive. Almost a million, but most importantly a 0.45 demo rating, whicih is just 0.1 short of Raws 1st hour and 0.02 short of Raws 3rd hour. They even beat the female 18-49 demo in the 3rd hour of Raw and beat the 12-34 female demo of the 3rd and tied the 2nd hour of Raw.

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

What Heavyweights has Mayweather or McGregor fought? Why didnt McGregor sign to fight Brock? That would have been worth 20mil to each guy... Why didnt Mayweather fight Tyson, Lewis or Fury? But thanks for proving my point for me. Cruiser Class is needed for these guys so people can buy into the product.

If all there was, was one division in Boxing. Wed have no Oscar, no Sugar Ray Robinson or Leonard, no Marvelous Marvin, no Patterson or any of those guys.

I get what you're trying to say but this is pro wrestling... It's not known for it's realism. 

The cat is out of the bag. This isn't a sport. It's an athletic performance. It's a athletic story, with drama, comedy, violence, romance, character archs etc. 

A lot of the old time wrestling fans aren't going to like it but that is what wrestling is. Now that kayfabe is dead, most of them will never come back anyways. The people who watched for 'sport' are watching the UFC. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I get what you're trying to say but this is pro wrestling... It's not known for it's realism. 

The cat is out of the bag. This isn't a sport. It's an athletic performance. It's a athletic story, with drama, comedy, violence, romance, character archs etc. 

A lot of the old time wrestling fans aren't going to like it but that is what wrestling is. Now that kayfabe is dead, most of them will never come back anyways. The people who watched for 'sport' are watching the UFC. 

Its not known for realism. But needs to try to give off a feel of realness. And Cruisers wrestling as Heavies isnt working to that appeal. Mixing them together, the bigger guys cant work a lot of what the Cruisers want. I remember Jinder vs Ricochet. People bashing Jinder and saying he cant wrestle. When hes great for his size and stature, but asking him to keep up with a gymnast is to much. Then the moves, when cruisers hit each other with moves. It doesnt have the same effect and they bounce up quickly.  But when Wardlow hammers on a guy like OC, then a big powerbomb. Where OC kicks out at 1. Its freakin ridiculous. And isnt doing the product any favors.

And Old Time wrestling fans are 60% of whats watching anymore. Avg age of viewer has been around 54. I put up the stat some time back where there a show more viewers age 49-55 than there was 12-24.

They need to not just make what they have happy. But find a way to draw in new or "new old" viewers. They tend to go overboard in making what they do have happy instead of reaching out any.

31 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its not known for realism. But needs to try to give off a feel of realness. And Cruisers wrestling as Heavies isnt working to that appeal. Mixing them together, the bigger guys cant work a lot of what the Cruisers want. I remember Jinder vs Ricochet. People bashing Jinder and saying he cant wrestle. When hes great for his size and stature, but asking him to keep up with a gymnast is to much. Then the moves, when cruisers hit each other with moves. It doesnt have the same effect and they bounce up quickly.  But when Wardlow hammers on a guy like OC, then a big powerbomb. Where OC kicks out at 1. Its freakin ridiculous. And isnt doing the product any favors.

And Old Time wrestling fans are 60% of whats watching anymore. Avg age of viewer has been around 54. I put up the stat some time back where there a show more viewers age 49-55 than there was 12-24.

They need to not just make what they have happy. But find a way to draw in new or "new old" viewers. They tend to go overboard in making what they do have happy instead of reaching out any.

Right. because kids stopped watching because it became embarrassing. WWE is going to be in a massive problem soon because their audience is so old.

Wrestling needs kids to watch again to thrive. And the kids wanna see the stories, characters etc. They're not watching because of the whole realistic fight crap. Those guys are long gone and will not be coming bac. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

There is A LOT/too much going on when watching AAA. Tried pretty hard to enjoy it. So many cuts. I'm not sure I can get into it. Felt like it magnified my ADHD by 100. 

I tried, too. I didn't much care for it but can understand why people like it if that's the product you grew up on in your country, I can understand being about it. I thought the Pagano match was terrible but people really liked it. The ring also looks super plushy to me, but whatever, I liked trying to catch something I've never seen before. 

Good Ol'JR. Gotta love it. On the move I hate most.

“I told a kid the other day at AEW that everybody does the same ******* spot. All you guys go outside. You cluster up like quail” “You stand there in a huddle, friends and foes together, side by side so you can catch some leaping idiot going over the top who never wins with this move. They are looking for the “holy **** chant. They love to hear ‘this is awesome’. It’s a spot folks. It’s a trapeze act.”

18 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

There is A LOT/too much going on when watching AAA. Tried pretty hard to enjoy it. So many cuts. I'm not sure I can get into it. Felt like it magnified my ADHD by 100. 

Yeah i felt the same. This was just to much and for such a show i felt that the first few matches were routine opening matches for a normal show. Didn't felt very entertained. The match between Kenny Omega and Laredo Kid was pretty good, through. And the Main Event was also quite good. But everything else can be skipped.

What do you guys think of the Wrestle Kingdom Card so far? I feel like it's not having the quality of the previous years, which is very disappointing. I get why they make it a 2-day event, but at least this year you could have done better by a 1-day event. That Tanahashi match f.ex. is absolutely ridiculous. They should have come up with something better for him. Another match between EVIL and SANADA, which doesn't interest me at all. I'd also loved them to split up the big titles and give us an IC Main Event the first night and a Heavyweight Championship Main Event the 2nd night, so you let Naito win one and lose one to split the titles again.

Here are the cards for the moment:

DAY 1

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

DAY 2

Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Winner of El Phantasmo/Takahashi

Singles Match
SANADA vs. EVIL

Winner of Naito/Ibushi (c) vs. Jay White (w/Gedo)
Edited by Edge