Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree he should go over, even though I’m less high on him than most. But what is the deal with the story they are going with. From the moment they were building to this match, they were acting like Starks needed to get one back on Jericho, when he was 1-0 on him. He should have atleast stole a really cheap on on Starks on Dynamite, which then kicks off the “no JAS” stipulation (which was broken anyway)

Not sure tbqh. Just not a fan of a lot of the stuff outside the ring that AEW's been doing. It's either forced or rushed at this point. They either can't afford to let things simmer or they just don't have the long term storytelling to pull it off.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I can only imagine myself caring if he was full heel. Like doesn’t care what the crowd wants, or what TK wants and is just beating people up. To the point he stats taking losses but doesn’t care as lo as he “wins the fight”

on a side note, why do I always laugh at their “Barbed Wire”? Especially the boards of barbed wire. It isn’t even campy, it’s corny

He's already bleeding LMAO

Just now, beekay414 said:

Not sure tbqh. Just not a fan of a lot of the stuff outside the ring that AEW's been doing. It's either forced or rushed at this point. They either can't afford to let things simmer or they just don't have the long term storytelling to pull it off.

I think it’s very obviously the latter. 

They only have 4 PPVs per year, yet most of these matches tonight were heated up in the last 3 weeks.

These should be major cornerstones that they had planned out for a good while.

Its like they are planning on a WWE timeline, with 3x the weeks between shows 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's already bleeding LMAO

It took longer than I expected. I assumed he would come through the crowd already busted open

Really hope they use this angle to “suspend” Mox post match. I need a lengthy break from him and this nonsense (there’s a reason this was few and far between even in the Attitude Era)

• Like 1

Well that was, odd… very strange way to end a PPV title match. 

Im fine with Wardlow winning it (he probably needed the win) but again, seemed like rushed and jumbled set up. I’d be even more impressed if they let Hobbs take it right off of him, but that’s not TKs style, and makes me worried that they are going to fumble Hobbs again in favor of Wardlow, who should be higher in the card than TV champ at this point

Like I said, didn’t matter who won this. They are just keeping the belts warm for FTR.  “the lady doth protest too much”

But if we’re being serious, that was just a Dynamite Main Event, absolutely no need to be on this card. Honestly the return pop would have likely been better there. This crowd is pretty worn out at this point. 

Been a nice little match so far, but it’s always odd to me that in IM matches, we don’t just let a few of these close pins after big moves be 3 counts. Not all the roll ups, but some bigger ones. 

We’ll see how they play this out. But if it’s not 0-0 (and it shouldn’t be) then add a few more falls in

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

What a main event. 

They did a great job for most of it, and I don’t think any of it was bad per-say, especially when they could have easily screwed it up

In the end though, I’m not sure I’m going to remember it in the “pantheon of Ironman matches” or anything like that. But it was good. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

They did a great job for most of it, and I don’t think any of it was bad per-say, especially when they could have easily screwed it up

In the end though, I’m not sure I’m going to remember it in the “pantheon of Ironman matches” or anything like that. But it was good. 

I thought the last twenty minutes were incredible.

47 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I thought the last twenty minutes were incredible.

It was all good, incredible seems a bit strong.

As I posted earlier, The wrestle to a tie is kind of a lame ending, feels like they do that with every IM Match (Bryan literally already did it in AEW)

Also, whats going on with Schiavone? Dude can barely move now, and he was flubbing over his words all night, from the preshow with the Burial stuff, to the restart. The restart there, is the EXAXCT reason AEW needs to designate a person in power, a face to be Tony Khan on camera. Heck, if he is healthy enough, Have it be Schiavone.